Page 95 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: 911E Cars for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by b0rderman View Post
    I'm the BaT crazy that bought the chartreuse. I really look forwarded to becoming a member and diving in here on the registry. Now I'm going to go find out the best way to get that front bumper/lip back to stock.
    Very cool! Glad to see you here. I'll trade you an excellent front stock bumper for your steering wheel, I want to drive a SS2.3 or 2.5 to see if I will like it enough to source one. Can't wait to hear of your impressions. Other than my opinion that the paint on your car was laid a little thick, I fell in love with it immediately.

OH and you NEED Amber driving lights to go with that bitching color. I'd have had trouble doing a color change from the metallic red given it's rarity for '70 but, I do love the Chartreuse.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    Very cool! Glad to see you here. I'll trade you an excellent front stock bumper for your steering wheel...
    Well, shoot. If it came to that, I might consider trading my bumper for the S bumper (if it is steel). My painter still has plenty of silver for my car. Of course, I think my wife prefers my current non-S bumper, so I might have to do some fast talking...
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and helpful advice. If I can get that wheel to play nicely with my 36” inseam legs, it will be on this car forever. Amber driving lights are now a must in my eyes as well. I did not anticipate buying a color swapped car, but I’ll be damned if I wasn’t going to bring this one home after seeing it.

Also thanks to Doug for all the work he does posting available cars, with pictures, formatted, etc. I’ve been lurking unregistered for quite a while, checking in to make sure I hadn’t missed anything on my alerts.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and helpful advice. If I can get that wheel to play nicely with my 36” inseam legs, it will be on this car forever. Amber driving lights are now a must in my eyes as well. I did not anticipate buying a color swapped car, but I’ll be damned if I wasn’t going to bring this one home after seeing it.

Also thanks to Doug for all the work he does posting available cars, with pictures, formatted, etc. I’ve been lurking unregistered for quite a while, checking in to make sure I hadn’t missed anything on my alerts.
    I wouldn't let that wheel go,,,, the patina is sublime Can't wait to see the first thread when she arrives..

The cool thing about you buying THAT color swapped modified car is that it wasn't presented in stock condition so, you needn't feel that the value was affected by the swap AND, the car will always be originally Metallic Red. Let's face it, if it had been modified the same and shot in the original color, I don't think it would have been as interesting.. My opinion of course.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    Let's face it, if it had been modified the same and shot in the original color, I don't think it would have been as interesting.. My opinion of course.
    I agree, and the reverse is somewhat true as well. If it had been totally stock original but color-changed, the color change is all anyone would have talked about. It's a nice package right now as is.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

I'm the BaT crazy that bought the chartreuse. I really look forwarded to becoming a member and diving in here on the registry. Now I'm going to go find out the best way to get that front bumper/lip back to stock.
    Congrats on your new purchase! Looks and sounds great. I have a stock bumper if you can’t find one locally. Enjoy your new ride and tell us how you like it, please.
    Hugh Lindberg
    1972 911T
    1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT
    1970 Alfa Romeo GT Jr
    ESR #2501

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli" i.e. leave the bumper add the lights.
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

Surprised this car didn't get posted already. Looks beautiful in Gemini. NMNA. 9112200448 on BaT.

Scott

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-porsche-911e-7/

This 1972 Porsche 911E coupe is a European-market example that spent time in Germany and Canada before it was purchased by the seller’s father in 2014 from CPR Classic in Fallbrook, California. It subsequently underwent a cosmetic refurbishment that included corrosion repairs and refinishing of the exterior in its factory Gemini Blue Metallic. Power comes from 2.4-liter flat-six paired with a five-speed manual transaxle, and equipment includes 15″ Fuchs wheels, an S-style front bumper, front driving lights, a push-button radio, and replica sport seats trimmed in black leather. Additional servicing during current ownership included replacement of the muffler and fluid changes as well as intake, ignition, and fuel system work. This 911E is now offered by the seller at no reserve on his father’s behalf with refurbishment and service records, the removed factory seats, a tool kit, a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, and a clean Texas title.
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Surprised this car didn't get posted already. Looks beautiful in Gemini. NMNA. 9112200448 on BaT.

Scott

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-porsche-911e-7/

This 1972 Porsche 911E coupe is a European-market example that spent time in Germany and Canada before it was purchased by the seller’s father in 2014 from CPR Classic in Fallbrook, California. It subsequently underwent a cosmetic refurbishment that included corrosion repairs and refinishing of the exterior in its factory Gemini Blue Metallic. Power comes from 2.4-liter flat-six paired with a five-speed manual transaxle, and equipment includes 15″ Fuchs wheels, an S-style front bumper, front driving lights, a push-button radio, and replica sport seats trimmed in black leather. Additional servicing during current ownership included replacement of the muffler and fluid changes as well as intake, ignition, and fuel system work. This 911E is now offered by the seller at no reserve on his father’s behalf with refurbishment and service records, the removed factory seats, a tool kit, a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, and a clean Texas title.
    I've had the distinct pleasure of spending some time with this car (and owner's son). Its an excellent example. Father and son are both Porsche fanatics and this car shows it. The sounds that engine and MFI make at throttle are bar none. Pure nirvana to a car nut..
    Last edited by jakeg104; 06-11-2021 at 07:14 AM. Reason: grammer
    Member # 4064
    ‘69 911E
    WTB! Looking for a 72-73 mfi coupe.

It really looks stunning in the pictures.

Scott

1972_porsche_911e_16227391144180a8a78db7e8911E-2.jpg
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)