Page 89 of 278 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: 911T Cars for Sale

it states "Canada equipment which was a block heater which has been removed" ? on an air cooled car?
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Ref: 9113102463

I love the gold!
    Member No. 2861
    @p911r on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by EARLY911ZOO View Post
    it states "Canada equipment which was a block heater which has been removed" ? on an air cooled car?
    Well, on an air and oil cooled car, yes.

Liking the car. Wondering what would be involved in bringing it to the US. I always heard its easy if the car was originally US delivery. This one was not.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Gris - Just brought in a car from Canada 6 months ago. A real pain in the neck. Customs; import duties; emissions; and of course the trucking expenses. FWIW.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinball View Post
    Gris - Just brought in a car from Canada 6 months ago. A real pain in the neck. Customs; import duties; emissions; and of course the trucking expenses. FWIW.
    Total cost?
    Aside from bringing in a special car it sounds like you wouldn't recommend?

I did it and it wasn't that difficult. I paid a broker between $300-400 to handle the paperwork and he made sure it got over the border (montanna in my case). Duties were approximately 3% of the delcared value of the vehicle. You don't have to be concerned with Federal emmissions as the car is exempt. Shipping was either the same or perhpas marginally more than shipping a car point to point in the States. If you need a reference of a broker who deals between Canada and U.S. PM me and I can pass you the borker/shipper I used.

Frank - I think it was somewhere between $1,000-$2,000. The car I brought was rare, and I wanted it, so I paid the piper.

A mid 70's car, covered carrier, from Windsor to the Twincities MN in December, door to door, north of $2500 for EVERYTHING. TFX Intl. There were cheaper optionss, but I did not want to have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Total cost?
    Aside from bringing in a special car it sounds like you wouldn't recommend?
    There is what I want, there is what I can find, and then there is what I can afford...

I was offered a 73 MFI T Targa today. Sportomatic. Repainted in some awful red/brown and needing complete repaint. But the original color was Gemini Blue Metallic. I'm going to help the shop sell it, so if anyone has potential interest... the car appears complete and has mild/moderate rust. And, it has run as recently as '08. I'll be putting together some pictures, but for anyone interested now, PM me, please.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Anyone familiar with this process or is it just BS?

Cams, rocker arms, rocker pins have been Cryogenically processed, essentially ensuring endless part integrity without wear damage or fatigue. This procedure brings the material to [minus]300-350 Degrees for at least 25 hours then slowly raises the temperature to normal over a period of 12 hours. This process organizes the molecules of each individual piece of metal giving it an extremely extended life - almost without wear.

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    They sure did cut up some nice interior panels for the stereo.

But I remember when we didn't care.

Tom
    Member No. 2861
    @p911r on Instagram