Page 162 of 278 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2771

Thread: 911T Cars for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    I was beginning to think this Polo Red 69T was super, duper nice.

til I saw the paint ID plate area.

What in the world?

That plate can be fixed easy enough. This looks the best deal I have seen in a while should be gone pretty quick.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    That plate can be fixed easy enough. This looks the best deal I have seen in a while should be gone pretty quick.
    I agree....but the front valance fit / finish is pretty bad. This car has been for sale for sometime.....IMO, it's worth less.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JEFF BRINTON
    ESR #1572
    1968 911N
    1974 914 2.0L
    2023 Macan
    SOLD - 1967 911N / 1968 911L / 1967 911N / 1969 912 / 1991 964 C2 / 2013 991.1 / 2008 987 Cayman

FS: @BaT - 1971 2.2L 911T Coupe

Bring-a-Trailer Auction
    1971 Porsche 2.2L 911T Coupe
    VIN: 9111100205
    Engine: 6114277
    Trans: 7110834
    Color: Irish Green/Black Leatherette (Originally Tan)
    Mileage: 84,359 (indicated), TMU
    Auction Estimate: -
    Sold for: NOT SOLD Highest Bid: US$70,500 (Reserve Not Met)

71T 1.jpg

71T 2.jpg

71T 3.jpg

71T 4.jpg

71T CoA.jpg

Auction Description:

This 1971 Porsche 911T is a refurbished three-owner example that is powered by its numbers-matching 2.2 liter flat-six and 5-speed 901 transaxle. The car was with its original owner until 2001 and was driven regularly until being partially disassembled and put into dry storage by its second owner in 2005. The seller purchased it from him in 2015 and had a refresh performed by Werks11 of Temple, Texas from December 2015 through March 2016. This included a repaint in the original color, the installation of many new interior and trim items as detailed below, and adding refinished Fuchs with new tires. Mechanical work consisted of a new fuel system components, rebuilt carburetors, a valve adjustment, and fresh valve cover seals. The car has been driven around 1k miles since, and the sale includes maintenance records going back to 1988, the original service book stamped from new through 1976, a Porsche CoA, and a clean Texas title in the seller’s name.

The bare metal, glass-out repaint in original Irish Green was performed as part of the refurbishment. The underside, engine bay, and trunk retain their factory finish. Most of the exterior trim and rubber was replaced with new items, though the originals are included. The sheet metal is said to be all original, and no evidence of prior accidents or damage are reported. All weatherstripping and seals were replaced with new OEM rubber when the car was disassembled for paint. Correct date-matched 15″ Fuchs have also been refurbished and wear new Pirelli P4 rubber. The car was originally equipped with chrome steel wheels per the CoA, and a set is included in the sale.

The CoA indicates that the car was originally fitted with Brown Leatherette, though the seller states that the interior was already finished in black when the second owner acquired the car. The front seats were re-upholstered during the recent refurbishment, and a new headliner, dash, door panels, rear parcel shelf, and door pockets were also installed. Other trim parts have been re-wrapped in correct vinyl, and the only items to be left untouched were the carpets, rear seats, and arm rests. The stock steering wheel was re-wrapped and instrument gauges were refreshed and upgraded with brighter LED lighting. A factory AM/FM stereo is fitted and is said to function properly. The odometer currently showing 84,359 miles and is believed to have rolled once based on the included service documentation.

According to records, the numbers-matching 2.2 liter flat-six was rebuilt in 1989 at 123k miles and the original 5-speed 901 transmission was rebuilt in 2001 at 173k miles. During the recent refresh, a new fuel tank was installed with corresponding fuel lines and pump. The brakes were inspected and the carburetors were rebuilt and adjusted. The valves were also adjusted and new valve cover seals were installed. Receipts for the work show just under 104 hours of labor not including paintwork. Engine #6114277 can be seen above and is confirmed as original by the CoA. The transmission stamping is pictured in the gallery. The undercarriage is in un-restored condition with no accident damage evident. A small amount of surface rust is noted around two holes near the nose and was addressed with sanding and POR15. Some oil drips are also pointed out by the seller.

The original maintenance book with stamps from new until 1976 at 51,385 miles is included. Records start up again in 1988 at 116k miles, with 27 pages of receipts that end around 173k miles. All receipts from the seller’s ownership are also included. The CoA documents the factory color as Irish Green and confirms the engine and transmission numbers. The car can be seen above stripped to bare metal prior to the recent repaint. Over 90 detailed photos are viewable in the gallery and include additional images of the refresh. The seller has included a short walk around video.
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 01-05-2017 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Added sold for price.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Albert Blue 1970 911-T

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132045687891?rmvSB=true

"The best way to describe "Albert" is that this 1970 911T is simply one of the most honest early 911's I've seen in some time. The cars history is documented not only with paper documentation and receipts (books, tools, complete service records, COA) it has always been owned by someone here in Spokane AND all of Albert's owners not only know one another, they are best of friends and every one of them a PCA member..... It just starts getting interesting there.

I'm the dealer who has Albert on consignment , but, I also know the car. You see in 1971 my father ran the Porsche dealership here in Spokane. I was his lot boy at the time, I was 13. I washed and drove this very car 46 years ago and now get to help sell it, very cool. ...there is more to the story and I'd be happy to share it with you, should you have more interest. Let's just say that there is NOTHING about this car that isn't known or documented; nothing.

Albert was delivered new in July of 1970 in Boise, Idaho (the Porsche dealership did not open its doors here in Spokane until 1971) to a Gonzaga University professor. The car was serviced here at Valley Porsche/Audi as service receipts verify until 1982 when the dealer closed its doors. The car was later sold it on to one of Spokane's longest and most loyal Porsche owners. The car was going to be made into a race car but given the cars rare color, a different car was sourced for that mission, thank god ! Albert has been bought and sold between 5 Porschephyiles here in Spokane and has actually been in one of their hands three times ! Every receipt for the car has been kept (see photo) The car received a respray to its correct color in 1983. The paint work was done properly with all glass removed. It still looks great !

Cosmetics; As stated, the car received a proper respray in '83. The paint shines wonderfully. Yes, there are a few touch ups and expected as the car has always been properly used and driven. Chrome is excellent as is the glass. The original chrome wheels are date code correct and in excellent condition as well. The car can and certainly should be proudly driven and shown as is. I wouldn't touch a thing! The interior is in lovely original condition. The drivers seat could use new stuffing but, the seat covers are in very nice condition, again, honest and original. I've been told, by those who really want to pick stuff apart, that the dash pad has been replaced. If so, there is no receipt and the only thing I cannot confirm, yet. Headliner and carpeting are simply superb. Both door cards are in very nice condition though the door pockets could use a little love, they aren't terrible.

Electrics: EVERYTHING on the car functions. All lights, gauges, dash lights, radio (Original radio was sent out and upgraded with modern electonics) wipers, etc. The car is still equipped with two batteries.

Mechanicals; The engine was rebuilt at about the 98,000 mile mark. The engine runs strong. No smoke on start cold or warm. No smoke on accel/deccel cold or warm. Throttle response is excellent. The motor is a bit cold blooded which I'll attribute to the wonderful gasoline's that we are forced to use. Once up to temp the car runs truly great. The transmission was just recently overhauled and shifts perfectly. The engine does not drip oil. Front and rear mains are damp but, not leaking.

Chassis; Albert has NO RUST and never has had any. All pans are original to the car. Rockers and jack mounts are perfect. The car has never been damaged. Doors still ping !

Drive it? Bad idea....... The car drives perfectly. Steering is spot on with no play and the car tracks perfectly. Brake pedal feel and modulation is excellent. Clutch take up is slip and chatter free. I love driving this car, it drives like they are supposed to, not like a car that has been disassembled and rebuilt; this car is rock solid.

Folks, ... This isn't a car to flip, it's one to hold on to. 3-4 years from now.... I think it'll double, conservatively. Pretty safe bet I think. I've been around these cars for some time; longer than many. I am not the walking, talking encyclopedia that some are but.....this is one very, very honest 911 and in this color...... very rare. I promise you this, had I the money, the car simply would not be for sale!

Please note: I've been told (yup, by the same walking talking encyclopedia guys) that the photos are too blue....glad you have time for that. The car was shot in the late afternoon, in the shade (look at the color of the trees) Most important however, is that the color is pretty much spot on in most of the photos.....Art Wolff I ain't "
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Back in August on Bring-a-Trailer:
    BaT - 1970 Porsche 2.2L 911T Coupe - Albert Blue
    VIN: 9110121290
    Engine: 6106112
    Trans: -
    Color: Albert Blue/Black
    Mileage: 152,000
    Auction Estimate: -
    NOT SOLD: Highest Bid US$76,500 (Reserve Not Met)

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/132045687891?rmvSB=true

"The best way to describe "Albert" is that this 1970 911T is simply one of the most honest early 911's I've seen in some time. The cars history is documented not only with paper documentation and receipts (books, tools, complete service records, COA) it has always been owned by someone here in Spokane AND all of Albert's owners not only know one another, they are best of friends and every one of them a PCA member..... It just starts getting interesting there.

I'm the dealer who has Albert on consignment , but, I also know the car. You see in 1971 my father ran the Porsche dealership here in Spokane. I was his lot boy at the time, I was 13. I washed and drove this very car 46 years ago and now get to help sell it, very cool. ...there is more to the story and I'd be happy to share it with you, should you have more interest. Let's just say that there is NOTHING about this car that isn't known or documented; nothing.

Albert was delivered new in July of 1970 in Boise, Idaho (the Porsche dealership did not open its doors here in Spokane until 1971) to a Gonzaga University professor. The car was serviced here at Valley Porsche/Audi as service receipts verify until 1982 when the dealer closed its doors. The car was later sold it on to one of Spokane's longest and most loyal Porsche owners. The car was going to be made into a race car but given the cars rare color, a different car was sourced for that mission, thank god ! Albert has been bought and sold between 5 Porschephyiles here in Spokane and has actually been in one of their hands three times ! Every receipt for the car has been kept (see photo) The car received a respray to its correct color in 1983. The paint work was done properly with all glass removed. It still looks great !

Cosmetics; As stated, the car received a proper respray in '83. The paint shines wonderfully. Yes, there are a few touch ups and expected as the car has always been properly used and driven. Chrome is excellent as is the glass. The original chrome wheels are date code correct and in excellent condition as well. The car can and certainly should be proudly driven and shown as is. I wouldn't touch a thing! The interior is in lovely original condition. The drivers seat could use new stuffing but, the seat covers are in very nice condition, again, honest and original. I've been told, by those who really want to pick stuff apart, that the dash pad has been replaced. If so, there is no receipt and the only thing I cannot confirm, yet. Headliner and carpeting are simply superb. Both door cards are in very nice condition though the door pockets could use a little love, they aren't terrible.

Electrics: EVERYTHING on the car functions. All lights, gauges, dash lights, radio (Original radio was sent out and upgraded with modern electonics) wipers, etc. The car is still equipped with two batteries.

Mechanicals; The engine was rebuilt at about the 98,000 mile mark. The engine runs strong. No smoke on start cold or warm. No smoke on accel/deccel cold or warm. Throttle response is excellent. The motor is a bit cold blooded which I'll attribute to the wonderful gasoline's that we are forced to use. Once up to temp the car runs truly great. The transmission was just recently overhauled and shifts perfectly. The engine does not drip oil. Front and rear mains are damp but, not leaking.

Chassis; Albert has NO RUST and never has had any. All pans are original to the car. Rockers and jack mounts are perfect. The car has never been damaged. Doors still ping !

Drive it? Bad idea....... The car drives perfectly. Steering is spot on with no play and the car tracks perfectly. Brake pedal feel and modulation is excellent. Clutch take up is slip and chatter free. I love driving this car, it drives like they are supposed to, not like a car that has been disassembled and rebuilt; this car is rock solid.

Folks, ... This isn't a car to flip, it's one to hold on to. 3-4 years from now.... I think it'll double, conservatively. Pretty safe bet I think. I've been around these cars for some time; longer than many. I am not the walking, talking encyclopedia that some are but.....this is one very, very honest 911 and in this color...... very rare. I promise you this, had I the money, the car simply would not be for sale!

Please note: I've been told (yup, by the same walking talking encyclopedia guys) that the photos are too blue....glad you have time for that. The car was shot in the late afternoon, in the shade (look at the color of the trees) Most important however, is that the color is pretty much spot on in most of the photos.....Art Wolff I ain't "
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

He should have grabbed the money. It's worth less today.

Richard

Hold. Too much junk for too much money blurring the view. It will come back. Just like the 2.7RS did. It was not so long ago that you could buy a nice one for $75,000. 2003-4 to be exact.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Right now the market is flooded with bad cars. That's why the prices look so bad.

The good cars are still bringing good money.

Auctions are the big problem. It takes a lot of cars to feed these beasts. When good cars are scarce the auction houses try to sell us trash.

Richard Newton
    Preservation, Conservation and Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by Richardnew View Post
    When good cars are scarce the auction houses try to sell us trash.

Richard Newton
    How cynical.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

FS: @SpeedSports - 72 MFI 911T Coupe

Previous postings when it was for sale by original owner (02-16-2016) for ~$50k on Craig's List:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post856541
    (Postings #1364 - #1371)
    -----------------------------------------
    1972 Porsche 2.4L 911T MFI Coupe
    VIN: 9112100146
    Engine: 6120319
    Trans: 7321158
    Color: Aubergine/Black Leatherette
    Mileage: 89,232 (indicated)
    Price: US$79,000

72T 1.jpg

72T 2.jpg

72T 3.jpg

72T 4.jpg

72T CoA.jpg

Dealer Description:

This is one of the most honest, original, early long-hood Porsche 911’s I have ever seen. It came out of the dry California climate, and still wears its original California Blue Plates. The car has all its original books, manuals, complete tool kit, and stamped service book. To have all these items after 44 years is very hard to come by. The car comes with a large stack of service documents dating back to the mid ninety’s. It still wears the original color Aubergine Porsche color code 025 on Black interior. These rare 70’s colors are very popular and for good reason. It has its original Fuchs 14” light alloy wheels with really fresh tires. This was part of the Comfort package option. All the trim and glass is in very good condition. The car paint shows some light wear, and few small bubbles. The car was originally sold in Allensville PA at Montgomery Porsche. Then at roughly 20,000 miles, in 1977 it moved Monterey California where it was always serviced. What I really like about this car is the original unmodified condition. You can see exactly what you are getting, which is a very solid Porsche. We drove it up from Monterey area non-stop with no issues. It ran strong and drove absolutely great. The engine still has the original Mechanical fuel injection. It starts up smooth and pulls hard. The transmission is the first generation 915 5-speed gearbox. This was a big upgrade over the prior years 901. Also the 72 is a one year only model with the external oil fill door. This was a feature brought over from the race car, but saw too many problems with service station attendants fill the oil tank with fuel. All the gauges function properly and look good. The dash was replaced many years ago with one with out a removable speaker grill and has one small crack in it from the California sunshine. Also the door pockets are a little shabby. You can now buy new, correct dashes and pockets from Porsche Classic with the correct grill. The interior retains its original seats that were recovered in 2002 along with fresh correct salt and pepper carpet kit. This is the perfect car if you want a driver or the right car to start a project with. It is complete and solid. New clutch and just serviced!
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548