Page 231 of 277 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2769

Thread: 911T Cars for Sale

Correct. While opinions on price are nice (yes that's the price listed, and I'm the sale pending, but some stuff came back on the PPI), i'm curious if LA area folks know the car first hand. If so, PM me. Prefer to have a private discussion. Proceeding in parallel behind the scenes. Thanks.
    Chris Purpura @civilizedmisfit
    Member #479
    Current Cars:
    1972 911T aka The "Civilized Misfit" Build
    See: https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...vilized-misfit
    Miss February - EarlySRegistry 2023 Calendar
    1968 911S Ossi Blau/Beige Corduroy

Past Cars:
    2019 911 Carrera GTS (sold, no regrets)
    73S - #1100 (restored and now somewhere in Europe)
    1997 993 Carrera 4S Black on Black (sold)

Chris, assuming you know the VIN, no luck searching the site?? With that RGruppe sticker, I'd expect people know about the car because it's a bit of a custom (not really a hot rod). Meaning, not a car that would get an automatic entry because of a high dollar player/build. So, more of an old school RGrupper that was the second owner??? Hopefully the seller didn't throw a RGruppe sticker on just to develop selling interest.

The 7s and Sports (repops) are a nice addition as well as the rear fog (even being the wrong later type). TTG lights are later add ons and are maybe Bosch??

Would think that the Kennel knew more about what are and aren't factory options. Paint looks like an issue to me judging from the flaking I see in some areas.

Looks like a great starting point for something special!
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Wow, just read about the original items from the car available at additional cost.

douchebaggery IMO. Why not toss the repop Sports and offer the car with the original seats? Especially when marketing a "40 yr owner"???
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    Wow, just read about the original items from the car available at additional cost.

douchebaggery IMO. Why not toss the repop Sports and offer the car with the original seats? Especially when marketing a "40 yr owner"???
    "Douchbaggery" ? Seems a bit harsh IMO. I like the car w/ the sport seats, and MOMO steering wheel and the wheels are a nice upgrade as well. The value of the extra items is around 4K, should the price reflect that and be included? Many people wouldn't want to pay the extra 4K and just store it in their garage or basement; it takes up a lot of space. Having those valuable items priced separately gives the buyer the option of having the car anyway he likes.
    Rob Abbott

I lean towards 70SATman on this. The car is being sold as an original example, yet the dealer is selling the car with aftermarket parts instead, but offering potential buyers the option of making the car original again by spending extra money. That's like selling a car as original with a replacement engine installed, but offering to sell the original engine case separately for extra money in oder to keep the car "matching numbers". Bad form.
    As for the rest of the car, it's clear that the car has some paint issues, a new front pan has been welded in (the car came with A/C, so the front pan would have had the cutout there for the condenser. and for $86500 ask price the dealer can't even spend $50 to replace the chipped headlight glass?

Quote Originally Posted by super9064 View Post
    "Douchbaggery" ? Seems a bit harsh IMO. I like the car w/ the sport seats, and MOMO steering wheel and the wheels are a nice upgrade as well. The value of the extra items is around 4K, should the price reflect that and be included? Many people wouldn't want to pay the extra 4K and just store it in their garage or basement; it takes up a lot of space. Having those valuable items priced separately gives the buyer the option of having the car anyway he likes.

Thanks for the various opinions. All good input. I'm out for the moment on this one, but mostly out at this price in this market. Car is pretty solid, but there were a few things. PM me if interested. Paul at AutoKennel has been great to deal with btw, and was very transparent about all he knew. We'll see what happens.
    Chris Purpura @civilizedmisfit
    Member #479
    Current Cars:
    1972 911T aka The "Civilized Misfit" Build
    See: https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...vilized-misfit
    Miss February - EarlySRegistry 2023 Calendar
    1968 911S Ossi Blau/Beige Corduroy

Past Cars:
    2019 911 Carrera GTS (sold, no regrets)
    73S - #1100 (restored and now somewhere in Europe)
    1997 993 Carrera 4S Black on Black (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911 View Post
    I lean towards 70SATman on this. The car is being sold as an original example, yet the dealer is selling the car with aftermarket parts instead, but offering potential buyers the option of making the car original again by spending extra money.
    Isn't this car on consignment? Might be the owner's decision, not the dealer.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Arne View Post
    Isn't this car on consignment? Might be the owner's decision, not the dealer.
    Doesn't change my opinion of the motive no matter who made the decision. I would like to point out that my initial take was an approval of the wheels and the repop sports as nice additions. However, that was before I realized that they aren't additions at all.

Might as well offer all of the original documentation and the tool kit at an additional cost as well. We all cry when an owner removes sport seats or tool kits that are original to an Ess car, installs lesser items and then markets both to maximize dollars. It's the same thing in this case except we are made to believe that repop sport seats are more important to the selling of this car than the original comfort seats.

Is it because it's just a "Lowly T"?
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    Doesn't change my opinion of the motive no matter who made the decision. I would like to point out that my initial take was an approval of the wheels and the repop sports as nice additions. However, that was before I realized that they aren't additions at all.
    Don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to say I agree with it, but that it might be unfair to excoriate the dealer for a decision that they didn't make.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Bring-a-Trailer Website Auction
    1973 Porsche 2.4L 911T Targa, Lot #29907
    VIN: 9113110575
    Engine: 6131386
    Trans: 7333772
    Color: Red (originally Ivory)/black
    Mileage: ??
    Bid to: US$35,661 - reserve not met

1973_porsche_911t_targa_1585758583e1b276f7ebd598f3c1IMG_0729.jpg

1973_porsche_911t_targa_1584916881495d565ef66eIMG_0795-620x465.jpg

1973_porsche_911t_targa_158491687565ef66e7dff9f9876IMG_0796-620x465.jpg

1973_porsche_911t_targa_1584917041cd20849IMG_0767-620x465.jpg

This 1973 Porsche 911T Targa reportedly spent time in South Carolina and North Carolina before its recent acquisition by the selling dealer. It was refinished during previous ownership in Guards Red with a black targa top over a black interior. Power comes from a 2.4-liter flat-six paired with a five-speed manual transaxle. Modifications include seats from a newer 911, an aftermarket steering wheel, and 993-style side mirrors. Service in the past two years reportedly included an engine-out reseal and replacement of the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, valve covers, fuel lines, tires, batteries, and more as detailed below. This 911T is now offered by the selling dealer with a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, spare parts, and a clean North Carolina title.

The exterior was repainted from the factory Ivory to Guards Red approximately six years ago. Other work included refinishing the targa bar in black. The selling dealer states that updated bumpers, rocker panels, and an RS-style spoiler were previously installed. Recent work included refitting stock-style bumpers and rocker panels as well as repainting the deck lid. 993-style mirrors, an electric antenna, and a third brake light are fitted. The selling dealer notes that no license plate lights are installed, and a paint bubble is noted on the hood.

15″ Fuchs wheels wear 195/65 Michelin Defender tires with 2017 date codes. The brake calipers are finished in red.

The interior is trimmed in black with matching door panels and carpets. The selling dealer states that the seats, seat belts, and door panels were sourced from a 1987 911. A Nardi-style steering wheel is also fitted. The horn does not work, and the radio is missing. A stock-style steering wheel and uninstalled air-conditioning components are included in the sale as shown below in the gallery.

Replacement instrumentation features alloy bezels and includes a 150-mph speedometer, an 8k-rpm tachometer, and gauges for fuel level and oil pressure, level, and temperature. The five-digit odometer is stopped at 82k miles, with total mileage unknown.

The 2.4-liter flat-six features mechanical tensioners and fuel injection and sends power to the rear wheels through a five-speed manual transaxle. The selling dealer reports that service in the past two years included:

Engine-out reseal with replacement valve covers, including Turbo-style bottom covers
    Installation of a replacement clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel
    Replacement of the spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor
    Replacement of the fuel lines, cold-start lines, and fuel filter
    Tuning and balancing of the mechanical fuel injection
    Replacement of the drive belts and hoses
    Replacement of the shifter bushings
    Replacement Sonnenschein batteries

Previous appearance here: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...i-project.html
    Currently in between Porsches. Sold my 73.5T Targa, now suffering from serious withdrawal symptoms. Attending Rennsport Reunion VI didn't really help getting over it.

Past: '73.5T Targa, '12 991S Cab, '07 987