Page 257 of 278 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2771

Thread: 911T Cars for Sale

For $119k asking…

FS: @BaT - Modified 1971 Porsche 911T 3.2L 5-Speed

Last seen it was Silver Metallic . . .
    June 2016 - Sold on BaT for US$36,000 (+BaT fees)

Looks good in Blue.

Sold for: US$160,999 (+BaT fees on 4/1/22)

1971 911T BaT 1.jpg
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 04-01-2022 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Added sold for price.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

A what happened next

Quote Originally Posted by jakeg104 View Post
    Posted on eBay-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184881486644
    https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B17G7HOIlGsWjZt

1973 911 T
    VIN 9113101014
    BIN- $57,500

"Sooner than expected, I have secured another car that I have been after for a long time and cannot keep both. So, here goes....

1973 911T - Originally Sepia Brown, painted red as many were decades before I purchased her. Last owner was the second owner and had the car for all of 29 years. The car has been a fair weather daily driver the entire time both he and I have owned it. I have had the car just about 2 years now. It's always been a pleasure to drive and has only once left me "stranded" as the rotor burned up last fall. Replaced MSD, rotor, cap, and points and she was back on the road strong as ever. Few original bits that were removed by me most of which were also kept (sugar scoops, bumperette's, plastic horn grills, etc) MFI is still fully functional and the car fires up no issues and pulls hard through all gears. Brakes are strong and stop true to center as they should. Handling is exactly what you'd expect from an early 911 and she's a blast to drive hard when the bends permit. Rims are original to the car and tires are in good condition all around. Paint as mentioned is non original but shines up nice and looks particularly good for a driver. There is not a single gas station stop without comments or pictures taken. When it was painted many moons ago, the car was not "stripped" entirely and so some evidence of sepia is found in the engine compartment and behind panels etc. upon close investigation. Was orginally ordered with optional 5 speed transmission, "S" instruments, "S" front spoiler and 5 Fuchs wheels. Original owner's manual, tool kit, jack and valet key included. Many parts replaced: Alternator, MFI ignition, coil, fuel pump, four corner wheel bearings, Dansk muffler, stainless steel heat exchangers, headliner, carpet, seats, oil tank, chain tensioners, suspension bushings, pistons and cylinders at 60,000 miles. All the doors and window seals are in good shape, and open as close as they should. Seats are of course non original and accented with vintage styled hounds tooth as is the dash strip and door cards. Seats have full adjustability, and originals are gone however for BIN I can include a set of nice black low back seats if interested. It's not a SINGER interior job ha! but the interior does get many compliments and is an awesome place to be when carving around New England. All lights work, horn works, blinkers, dash, dome, etc. All gauges function and read accurate. OG Steering wheel MIA as well, but the vintage leather Lecarra wheel fits the bill nicely. Car comes with years’ worth of books, maintenance notes, printed procedure notes, all sorts of evidence of a careful custodian throughout its life. Original Porsche manual and booklet from factory as well as tool roll. As far as I can tell and have been told, this car was never raced, and was merely a cherished reliable around town sportscar. It's full insured, and Titled in MA in my name, free and clear of any remarks or loans ready to be transferred to the next owner. As anyone reading this ad likely knows, these cars are getting harder and harder to find for affordable money by most people’s standards and have only proven to rise in value over time. This example is a very honest little driving machine, is super solid, and can be enjoyed immediately. She is not a $100K+ example, however better than half that without doubt, and one of the if not the nicest one I've seen listed here or otherwise for some time for what I'm asking. I will certainly miss this car but as mentioned, with eyes set on another car I have been wanting to own for some time that just became available, and my family vehemently denying my proposal to sell our VW bus... she's up for grabs.

Please let me know if you have any questions before you bid. With time being a factor to secure this other car, I would appreciate only serious bidders, and welcome serious offers prior to ending the auction.

As these things go, some key points to make and understand before bidding. Given the age of the car and what it is, and of course the venue in which it’s being listed, I am offering this sale AS-IS, no warranties outside of my word on the items mentioned above, and no refunds of any kind once the deal is done. This said PLEASE ask all questions, come and see/inspect the car if you’re able, and get all of your own permissions/financing/space cleared in your garage BEFORE you bid. BUY IT NOW can be agreed on at $16,500 or upon discussion, so please reach out if this is of interest. The car is also going to be listed elsewhere and for sale locally, first to pay is the new owner. Otherwise, bid what you can afford to and are committed to pay, and we will see from there! PayPal for deposit is OK, the rest will have to be wire, cash, or certified bank check (PP Fees too high for full payment unless you want to cover them). Nothing gets handed over till funds clear. Pick up here at my house in Barre MA is expected within 5 business days of end of auction. Shipping is responsibility of the buyer, but I will of course do anything I can on my end to help get that sorted. I’ve both shipped a car home and away so I’m happy to lend my experience onto whomever might not have before to make it go smoothly. I have all the paperwork, clear/clean title, ready for new owner to register in their name etc, all will be sent certified mail once funds are cleared.

In closing, my reputation on here means A LOT to me, and my enthusiasm for these cars and the people that enjoy them is my favorite part of this culture. If there is anything you would like to know or share regarding this great early driver 911, I’d love to chat. Please feel free to consider my feedback, and or speak with anyone that has purchased a car from me in the past if you have any concerns. Thanks again for the interest and good luck with the bidding Cheers, Brando"

Attachment 553153
    Attachment 553154
    Attachment 553155
    Attachment 553156
    Attachment 553157
    Attachment 553158
    Okey dokey as a long time trawler of this thread and noticing that the "what happened next" part of the story of the cars that are up for sale rarely gets reported on - so here's closing the loop on this one - I may be posting in the wrong spot in which case sorry about that.

Fair warning - I tend to ramble. Second up - this is absolutely not a moan at any previous owner - once upon a time these cars didn't command the prices they do now, so I can understand why folks wouldn't tip a sht ton of cash into them and you make your choices and trade offs based on the circumstances at the time.

That said the time has come to unpack, unpick and resolve those trade offs ..... the below started at the beginning of February - yes it's turned into a restoration - yes there's a tight deadline (Classic Le Mans 30th of June) - no I'm not doing the work myself - it's way beyond my skillset in this timeframe - does getting into this at this expense worth it, probably not but then meh.... I wanted an early 73 coupe with MFI ideally in Gulf Orange

So I bought this back in May with the intent of it being an occasional driver with some interior pottering and in the thinking that at this price there would be "something" lurking and had it shipped over to the UK. It arrived at the end of September a little worse for wear after getting roughed up in the shipping container.

That then accelerated the intent and need of taking a good look under the damage and dings to it....

Much to commend the car on the quality of the floor pans, engine, headlining, carpet and the roof is super sound. That's where the list ends.

Things that were found to be funky
    At the front:

At some point someone (I'm guessing when it was repainted red moons ago) has stuck the front into a lamp post. Not enough to interfere with the inner wing crumple zones but enough for the S bumper to full of filler, the panel behind it, the suspension pan to be properly mullered - though some truly epic bodge repairs have been done. Same for the driver's side (US) wing to be fibreglass as was one of the fender joining plates which looked to be a home made thing - the other being possibly original but well done.
    The tank support and battery boxes along with the inner wings around them generally best described as deformed rust (?) and quite possibly because of the above lamppost the bonnet wasn't quite right and nor were the bonnet hinges, some extreme adjustments to the front passenger side camber were observed to account for the bent wishbone beneath. Up above a nominal amount of rust in the windscreen corners

Resolution: New front wings, and fender joining plates, suspension pan, tank support, front inner wings, battery boxes, front panels, S bumper, wishbones, bonnet hinges have been bought. A day of panel beating to the bonnet and repairs around the windscreen. The remains of the aircon in the smugglers is in the bin as is the mouse house that was in there.

Going back - bottom of the driver's door pretty poorly repaired some time back and the other being OK but again well holed along the bottom. Bottoms of the A posts rotten, inner and outer sills rotten. Kidney bowls rotten though some signs of previous repairs (exceptionally) poorly done. B posts had been replaced at some point, but pretty haphazardly so the doors were permanently not quite right.

Resolution: Lead in one door and whole new skin in the other. Replacement of the bottom of the A posts and new inner / outer sills and kidneys with new metal being let in up and around the doors, new B posts.

Going further back - both rear wings could have been repaired from being roughed up in the container BUT - the clock is ticking for Classic Le Mans! which is a pity as they weren't crp. The rear panel had some signs of an earlier ding, but again roughed up in the container. The engine lid - very roughed up in the container. The rear bumper corners were sound though their supports had some rot in them

Resolution: Two new rear wings, new complete rear panel, another day of panel beating for the engine lid and bumper corners taken back to bare metal and the supports repaired.

Other bits - ball joints, rear wheel bearings, brake pads and shoes, suspension bushes and a bunch of other stuff all past their best and being replaced.

Current state:
    All of the above purchased along with S trims, end caps, letters etc in black, seals, gaskets, deadening, carpet, 964 covers and other oil leak stuff and seals, engine and gearbox service stuff etc etc etc
    Doors done
    Inner sills done
    A posts done
    Rear wings and B posts, outer sills tacked on, doors refitted to confirm initial measurements and ensure panel gaps
    Rear panel in
    Engine lid and bonnet beaten back to spec
    Parts that are still good are passing through the blaster for repainting

Next up:
    Completion of the rear wings, B posts and outer sills
    Make sure the blaster is never turned off
    Get the work on the front going
    Paint - Gulf Orange
    Interior - grey perlon, black vinyl, obligatory rep sports seats

See it was a ramble - will it be ready by the end of June and Le Mans, it's going to be tight we shall see

Quote Originally Posted by g3ngs View Post
    Going further back - both rear wings could have been repaired from being roughed up in the container BUT - the clock is ticking for Classic Le Mans! which is a pity as they weren't crp. The rear panel had some signs of an earlier ding, but again roughed up in the container. The engine lid - very roughed up in the container. The rear bumper corners were sound though their supports had some rot in them.......
    Wow, that is definitely a long list. You seem to have a good attitude about it too, which is great. I think with these cars, there might not be 'bargains' necessairly, considering their age; they all seem to need a list of items to address. They are just such great cars which makes them worth the spend and time... Thanks for sharing!
    Member # 4064
    ‘69 911E
    WTB! Looking for a 72-73 mfi coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by camarilla View Post
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...911t-targa-29/
    Back again +11k miles and bored to 2.7L. In my opinion with modifications to its detriment (e.g. where did the original radio go?)

Back for sale, inquire for price

https://www.europeancollectibles.com...che-911t-targa

Strange, the BaT listing does not show up when you google the VIN. Is it just me?

Also no mention of the 2.7L modification. Did prior owner revert the car back to 2.4?

Quote Originally Posted by camarilla View Post
    Back for sale, inquire for price
    https://www.europeancollectibles.com...che-911t-targa
    Strange, the BaT listing does not show up when you google the VIN. Is it just me?
    Also no mention of the 2.7L modification. Did prior owner revert the car back to 2.4?
    Chartreuse/Lime Green

January 2018 - Listed by Makellos Classics (original restorer)
    July 2019 - Listed on Petrolicious Marketplace (by Makellos)
    September 2021 - Listed on Bring-a-Trailer (by Makellos)

73 911T EC 1.jpg

73 911T BaT 1.jpg
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

FS: @BaT - 1972 2.4L 911T Coupe - 41k miles

March 2016 - Listed by Road Scholars
    December 2021 - Listed by K. Watt
    Now on BaT
    Sold for: US$157,000 (+BaT fees on 4/14/22)
    1972 Porsche 911T BaT 1.jpg
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 04-14-2022 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Added sold for price.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100