Thread: PPI near Concord, CA

PPI near Concord, CA

Hi - I just agreed to buy an 69 911 Coupe located in Concord about 40 miles east of SF.

Any body who can recommend me someone to do a PPI in this area ?
    Should include leak down, compression, over all check for rust a.o.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

BR
    Peter, Copenhagen

73 911S 2.4 Targa - Black
    73 911RS clone 3.6 - Orange (soon)

Air-cooled to the end
    Tom Martenot is in Concord, I don't know whether he does PPIs but is worth a call. He is definitely an authorized tech inspector for PCA DE competitors - see here.

Tom Martenot
    Deutsche Motorsport
    288 Buchanan Field Road
    #4 Concord
    CA 94520

925-689-0232

ps: I realise I am the UK and it's weird that I should know this, it's all John Goriup's fault LOL

Ferdinand Magazine
    Porsche Valuations
    1976 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0: 'The Orange'

Just my .02 cents. I would not use the above shop, nor recommend him. I basically had to repossess my race car and race motor from him when he had it. I bought a motor "From his personal race car" and it was junk.
    my car sat at his shop for almost 2 months... without him ever touching it..... "I should have the motor installed in a 1.5 weeks" Is what I was told before I dropped it off. He is full of excuses and BS. That is my first and only experience with him.

So if you can, steer away.

Go to http://www.pca-ggr.org/localmech.cgi. The local PCA lists many shops in the Bay Area, including Kahlers in Dublin, which is the next closest shop other than shop mentioned above. I've never been there myself, but have heard a good thing or two.

Rodney

Not sure what your situation is (ie: how accommadating the seller is)
    but there is a great tech & shop in Cotati, Ca which is about 60 miles West
    of Concord. I would not hesitate to make the drive to get Steve's professional opinion on any Porsche, especially an early car.

Steve de Jung
    deJung Motorsport
    459 Portal St Cotati, CA 94931
    707-664-8002

Or ...

Tom Amon at Mobile Works West has a great reputation. As his name implies, he's mobile and will go to the owner's location to do the PPI.

www.mobileworkswest.com
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon