Thread: What happend to the East Coast member gathering thread?

What happend to the East Coast member gathering thread?

I could of sworn it was here somewhere on the forum earlier...am I missing something?
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245

it was here all right

something like this posting on pelican .. by Jim Logan (RPMClassic).
    You'd have to ask him .. he was trying to organise east coast events etc ... asked for feedback from people in several states, and others from florida to canada not in the list of states, came out to show their hunger for 911 comraderie.
    moral of all this is to rely on yourself to organise getogethers ... if you build it they will come, and if not, you'll have enough fun with your 911 not to give 2 hoots
    karl.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Quote Originally Posted by karlusmagnus
    something like this posting on pelican .. by Jim Logan (RPMClassic).
    moral of all this is to rely on yourself to organise getogethers ... if you build it they will come, and if not, you'll have enough fun with your 911 not to give 2 hoots
    karl.
    Or to have a fine "tour director" like yourself.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

schedule

I retracted the post and am in the process of authoring a new one. Simple reason being, I was getting more crap from people than constructive and willing participation. I am all for car shows,racing and group gatherings and continue to scratch my head as to why the participation level is so low - given the # of great cars on this board and in my area. Only you guys can answer that question individually. Not every gathering can or should be an awards banquet - the people, their cars and the experience is the root of any successful gathering. Last weekend we had a 600 car show - one of the nicest in New England and only 10 Porsches showed up

What I DO know is that there is and will continue to be a core group of enthusiasts who enjoy their cars by themselves when they want to and where they want to- without having to make a financial or schedule commitment to other people. Personally, I have over 50 emails and phone calls out to people( in the last 2 days ) to gain consensus on what agenda would be appealing - so that we can gain momentum and excitment with our cars now, instead of waiting until Rennsport.

Right now there is a caravan drive for July 14th to NHIS and a mojito social next week - both in Boston area. I have arranged sponsorship of a regional car show in Sept that will have a good showing of grade A cars in New England. Hopefully, there will be some R gruppe and S registry participation - as there will be over 200 cars there anyway.

There is not a single weekend in New England when there isn't a car show, a race or some gathering between now and Oct. People either want to be involved or they don't. There is an old expression that " half of live is showing up". You'll be surprized at who you meet and how much fun you will have.

Best Regards as always-

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by RPMClassic
    Simple reason being, I was getting more crap from people than constructive and willing participation.
    Jim
    '" It's tough being the ringmaster when there so many clowns in the circus"

PT Barnum
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

LOL curt.

Building up a region can be alot of fun. Its not tough work, just requires alot of patience and cooperation. We have the people out here, and god knows we have the cars too. Just need to hone in on a balance of venues that encourages people at all levels to join the fun.

We are not solving the issues of world hunger here - just having fun with our cars. If people are choosing to stay home - thats their loss.