Thread: Texas Longhood Enthusiasts

Texas Longhood Enthusiasts

Anyone belong to this group?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I think Jamie Novak, from Austin, TX, made these up for an Early 911s Registry event a few years ago. He had some for sale at this years Hill Country Rally. I did get 2 for my cars. Jamie is on PP as JPNOVAK. I think he may also frequent this board.

Regards,
    Bob

For as long as I've been working down here south of Corsicana I should be made an honorary member and be given one of those.

I do however get to hear over the phone from my wife how nice my TG sportseats and carpet set looks. THey arrived yesterday evidently. I may get to see them eventually.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

mad scientist
    Yes, Bob is correct I had the badges made. There is a story behind this badge...

Two years ago I helped organize an event with the 912Registry and the EarlyS group. There were not enough cars for one or the other style of shirt or badge so we figured they are all Longhoods. The event was great. I think we had 16 cars. After the Early S/RGruppe event in April there are even more cars associated with us.

There are a few cars based in Austin that get together for drives. Please let me know if you are in town as this is always an excuse to burn some fossil fuels. I know I willl probably head down to San Antonio for the Bandera Run on August 12. Come on down.

Of course, if it quits raining I may have to pull out the welder and finish some "rustoration" on the new project car.

I still have a few badges left. They are $20 shipped - only the cost to make them. Work has been a bit busy lately so I don't get to frequent this board. If you are interested send me an email. jamie(dot)novak (at) hotmail(dot)com

Michael, Come on down to Austin. Corsicana is only about 2 hours away. Just take 31 to Waco and turn South. I always have a passenger seat free and in fact need a driver for some EFI tuning on the track car.

Quote Originally Posted by jpnovak
    (dot)com

Michael, Come on down to Austin. Corsicana is only about 2 hours away. Just take 31 to Waco and turn South. I always have a passenger seat free and in fact need a driver for some EFI tuning on the track car.
    If I get to the point when I'm not working 7/10s I'll take you up on it! I've been wanting to see what Austin is like. Signin off, got to work tomorrow to get ready for a customer dog and pony show.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

3 Posts and a reputation! Wow you are our own Paris Hilton
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03
    3 Posts and a reputation! Wow you are our own Paris Hilton
    Yes, Jamie is our resident organizer/inventor here in Austin. he is a pretty active Group B and Pelican board member with a soft window targa recreation AND a 6 throttle body EFI AND a pretty cool barn-find (three different cars) to his home brew credit.
    He's also about as tall as Paris Hilton...
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

mad scientist
    HMM I would hope I was a little taller. I may be tall and lanky but I think I outweigh her too. I think she would blow away in one of our recent TX thunderstorms.

Reputation?! I guess that could be good or bad. Either way is fine with me. I will leave that up to your imaginations. Well truth be told I have lurked here for the past 5-6 years. I know most of you are on PP so it was easy to get in touch if the need arose. I have the same logon in all places. There are one or two posts that show my projects.

Speaking of barn finds. I laid down about 2 meters of plug welds tonight. MMMM new inner rocker panels. I will spill the beans once some more work has finished. It is really shaping up to be quite a nice find.