Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWB NOS chassis sheetmetal

SWB NOS chassis sheetmetal

On Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/65-68...QQcmdZViewItem

Not affiliated but thought I would give a heads up for anyone restoring a SWB car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Priceless when you need it ..

Richard

Wow, nice piece of metal. I would hate to need that piece. Installation looks REALLY expensive. It better be an important car to go through all that effort.

Are those pieces still available for short and long wheel base cars?
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

I'm going to pick it up tomorrow (friday). The seller told me that the ebay deal with the UK buyer fell apart. He didn't say why ..... oh well.

I am the succesful ebay bidder and I am still trying to seal the deal. I want to get the panel sent to New Jersey to put in a car that is waiting at the dock. Please hold fire so that I can try and work this out.
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

All yours Nick. Let me know if I can help.

After two phone calls with the seller, he seems to be a bit of a squirrel !!

He wanted a 40.00 delivery charge if he met me half way between Baltimore and Washington ( a whopping 30 mile TOTAL distance between the two cities)

I laughed at him on the phone and opted to make the complete drive.

Chuck

Hmmmm. Squirrel eh?

Anyway he says he needs "seller protection". In his words: seller protection works by having the item ship to your registered address (in the UK) and having you sign for it when it gets there
    Has anyone heard of seller protection?

Quote Originally Posted by nick-moss

Anyway he says he needs "seller protection". In his words: seller protection works by having the item ship to your registered address (in the UK) and having you sign for it when it gets there
    Has anyone heard of seller protection?
    I've heard of this. It's an ebay/paypal thing.

If the seller ships to an address other than the verified address on record then the seller loses what little protection that ebay/paypal offers in case of a problem.

Regardless....good luck with this purchase.
    -Scott
    1987 911 turbo
    In the past - '71 T, '77 S 3.6, '80 SC, '88 3.6 cab

Nick,

Your squirrel Bait just called me and has changed his tune.
    He now offers to deliver the fender to my door..... NO CHARGE.

I told him I was too busy and I MIGHT call him in a week or two.

If he flakes out on you, let him deliver it to me and we'll figure something out. At least it will be away from him.

Call me on my mobile. How's my 2.7RS?

Chuck

Chuck

Go for it. I cannot deal with this man, he's not a squirrel, he's a weasel (do you have those in the US?). All he is worried about is his own protection not the customer who wants to give him money! If we can come to a deal on the side that would be great. What RS