Thread: Help from the experts please.

Question Help from the experts please.

I have been looking for a 73 911 for a while. It seems most of the nice ones are out west, and even if one is closer I do not have the knowledge to buy one on my own. Just wondering if anyone knows this car or has seen it in person.
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=359797
    I am most concerned with the condition of the tub. Any coments are welcomed.
    Thanks, Rich

Check Ebay

There's a great looking '73 S on Ebay right now not too far from you. You could fly in to Montreal and drive it home. Great looking car. Very minor "incorrect" pieces on it could be very easily corrected. If you even care, that is.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

That 73 looks sweet. From the photos, looks like the wife took out the front bumper and dented the hood, both not really a problem to fix. I would get more photos of the car with the hood up and under the front. Depending on the impact, it could have tweeked the trunk floor and front wall or swayed the entire nose. Don't think it's that severe since the hood looks like it still lines up ok. But seeing it person is the way to go. If you are really serious about the car, the flight is only about 300 bucks and will be money well spent. Rust is easy to detect, just look real close in every nook and cranie. Look under the carpets, the rear torsion bar tubes, and under the car. Then look to see if anything is swayed. You don't have to be an expert to see that something is wrong. If the RS clone is what you want, that 73 would be a nice starting point, and at $20K, it'll cost you much more to get a 911 and do everything this guy did, even after the repairs. With original early cars going in the 40's and well built RS clones higher than that, 20 is not bad. But with that said, I'm sure there has to be some cars in your area. Good luck Allan
    1971 911S with Factory Recaro Sport Seats, 100% original, Bahia Red/Black

1974 914 2.0 Yellow/Black

2006 Cayman S Artic Silver/Terrecotta (Pending)

When you think in you're in full control, you're just not driving fast enough

The car looks pretty nice and 235 hp is a real cooker!