Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CONGRATS - another cover car !!!

Thumbs up CONGRATS - another cover car !!!

Congrats to MILOU and the 'Prototype 911R' owner and crew...

Made the cover and 6 inside pages of the new '911 & Porsche World' #160

Cheers guys... you more then deserve it...

PS - I still love the sticker in the window ....
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Yep I just picked up a copy and spied the article on Milou's car as well.

Congratulations!!

But what were you doing getting penalised for using non-period stopwatches Don't you have enough old ones to choose from!!!
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Wink Thanks!!!

Yes I know....I did purchase all these expensive Heuers but at night we removed them from the car just in case. However, I left in the back a note pad which has a digital stopwatch stuck to it....

In any case it was clearly my fault!!

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

well deserved coverage for sure!
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Wink 911 & Porsche World #161

Hold your horses...in the latest magazine issue, the journalist Peter Morgan questions the asking price of GBP 650.000 (usd 1.250.000) for the car compared to other Porsche racing prototypes being offered at auction this Summer. The article is quite interesting. I have to say that although the car has one of the best possible provenance, the price seems to me quite steep compared to other prices achieved by the brand...

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Thanks for the compliments re the R. I have often been asked why the price is so high, but simply put, I am pretty attached to the car, in no hurry to sell it (TBH I won't be sad if it doesn't sell!)
    Valuation of classic cars is very difficult (I know, having been in the business for 10 years). It's a bit like art, it all depends on how much someone wants it.
    Part of the problem is that the Dollar is down against the Pound.

Anyway, once you've heard a 911R at 8000rpm any price is worth it

check the trunk;for UK check the bonnet

I know a R THAT CAN BE HAD FOR $1,250,000 WITH A HALF A MILLION DOLLARS IN THE TRUNK OR BONNET
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Chuff,
    By far one of the coolest cars around! I have about 7-8 mags that were solely purchased due to the appearance of this car. It deserves the "Best Ass" award. Love the sans bumber guards, sealed lic plate panel, rolled bumper end caps, and the duel out pipes.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Thanks Bob!

I'm kinda partial to Kylie's ass, but there is something about the rear of an early 911. I would love to find some 'cookie cutter' megaphones to put on it!

Andrew

Dammit my local hippie hangout (aka Borders) didn't have the magazine! Maybe it was sold out

Anybody got an extra copy they care to sell? I know i need to get the subscription but i gotta get this issue as this is one of my favorite cars and i would love read more about it.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!