Thread: OK guys I need some help pricing a collection of junk I bought.

Unincorporated Arapahoe County, Colorado, USA

OK guys I need some help pricing a collection of junk I bought.

OK guys I need some help pricing a collection of junk I bought.

1967 912 Karmann coupe VIN 458xxx
    Complete without engine or transmission (has a VW in it and drives).
    Has conversion to late (’74->) bumpers, fenders and doors.
    Whale tail.
    Aftermarket seats.
    Fake BBS wheels.
    911 oil tank installed.
    Has ’66 911 wood dash.

The chassis is the most rust-free I have seen in 4 decades. There is absolutely no sign of rust at the doorjambs, front pan, etc. There is one rust spot on the cowl at the windshield gasket passenger side, probably from being washed and not driven.

This chassis should go to a 1967 911S that is a nice, complete original car but has a rusty chassis. This swap would save someone $30K++ and be more original than a proper chassis repair.

The inventory of parts that need to come off and be sold are:
    Late bumpers, F&R
    Late fenders.
    Short hood
    Whale-tail
    Complete doors.
    Seats

1968 912 Karmann coupe VIN 1280xxxx
    Stripped interior with full cage installed. Unknown if it complies but looks proper.
    No engine or transmission.
    Late front suspension, standard SWB rear suspension.
    911 oil tank installed.
    FRP fenders, hood, ducktail, bumpers (has the steel parts also).
    The OE parts are:
    Bumper.
    Hood
    Deck lid

Chassis looks nice, no obvious crash or rust.
    This is an unfinished project car.
    This is a perfect start for a 2.0 vintage racer or to replace a crashed race chassis.

1974 911S Targa VIN 911431xxxx
    Fender damage LR, white/chrome, paint acceptable.
    No engine or transmission.
    Perfect Targa top.
    No signs of rust or crash damage (I’ll inspect further.)
    Everything else looks nice and original, appears sub-100K miles.

The question on this car is it worth more in parts or as a roller?

I’m going to keep a few bits & pieces (<3%) to help with my posts on the forums. All I want is to break even otherwise.

This is the first Porsche stuff I have bought in more than 20 years and I NEED HELP pricing.

Please add your 2¢ here on Pelican
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...69#post3430069

Thanks for the help.

Best,
    Grady

Bump for Grady

Grady is under a little time crunch here since he will be making his final deal on this junk tomorrow (08/18/2007). Please chime in with your take on this stuff. The rust free aspect of the two older cars is a big deal I would say.

Unincorporated Arapahoe County, Colorado, USA
    Guys,

The ’67 tub needs a good home. I don’t think anyone realizes how significant a find this is.

I posted above:
    The chassis is the most rust-free I have seen in 4 decades. There is absolutely no sign of rust at the doorjambs, front pan, etc. There is one rust spot on the cowl at the windshield gasket passenger side, probably from being washed and not driven.

This chassis should go to a 1967 911S that is a nice, complete original car but has a rusty chassis. This swap would save someone $30K+ and be more original than a proper chassis repair.

Someone has a nice-but-rusty ’67 911S. This tub can save $30K++ and make a better restoration than a welding repair.

Help find that car and save it.

I'll post some crummy photos but take more in the morning.

Best,
    Grady

Take a look here

Quote Originally Posted by Grady Clay
    Guys,

The ’67 tub needs a good home. I don’t think anyone realizes how significant a find this is.

I posted above:

This chassis should go to a 1967 911S that is a nice, complete original car but has a rusty chassis. This swap would save someone $30K+ and be more original than a proper chassis repair.

Someone has a nice-but-rusty ’67 911S. This tub can save $30K++ and make a better restoration than a welding repair.

Help find that car and save it.

I'll post some crummy photos but take more in the morning.

Best,
    Grady
    If you haven't already looked, I'd say the early 911 crowd needs to pay attention here. Should go fast (as in sell quickly).

I tagged along with Grady this morning for a looked and the '67 is the real deal.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=362299