Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncommon 911 Dark Brown Interiors

Uncommon 911 Dark Brown Interiors

Anybody have a 911 with the Dark brown Leather or Leatherette interior? and if so, when this color was ordered, did the door panels match, or were they Black; Tan leather, was a much more common option, and had door panels to match, as we know, but dark brown, now that's not common; Also, I am wondering if Porsche made dark brown door panels in basketweave if you ordered a Dark brown interior;
    Aziz ; VARIOUS PORSHAS

Peter,

The door panels would match the interior (the door pockets are always black in a 69 to 73 car). Regarding the basketweave, for 69 to 71, yes basketweave matching the interior, but 72 and 73 are smooth fabric, but also match the interior. What year car are you talking about. Can you post a pic of the color?

I'm sure there may be some exceptions to the above....

Eric

brown interior

go to my photo site scroll down to the '73 S targa ivory with dark brown leather interior there are several shots,including door panels and dash trim

I have the dark brown or tobacco interior in my 73

referred to tobacco by many here's some pics and yes its on the door panels and dash insert as well as the rear upholstery, dash pockets armrests are black.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

dark brown seats
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

original upholstery

all interior upholstery original and undamaged, still holding up fine! just the carpeting was redone .....notice the rear shelf is also black, OEM!
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Those were all pictures of 72-73 model interiors. A model year 70' like yours would still have the black basket weave on the dash regardless.
    Peter, i can get you brown basket weave.

Robert.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

Brown interior

Robert,

Can you get brown vinyl or leather as well? Multi-color houndstooth fabric?How about carpet?

I am trying to get this material to complete my '73E.

Thanks,

John

Guys,
    Thought I would add to this thread as well. My car is a factory tangerine 72T targa with brown interior which I understand is pretty rare. I have seen plenty of tangerine cars with black interior and numerous tangerine with light brown/beige, but never a tangerine car with dark brown (tobak). I bought the car with the rear seats and door panels all original and correct. The front seats however were covered in non matching light beige leatherette which I have meanwhile removed. In my efforts to source the correct material to have the front seats redone, I contacted Tony at Autobahn to see what he could come up with. He sent me a swatch that came very close to the original color and texture of the rear seats in my car. The ID number is "Madrid Saddle CF4544 L.H.".
    Here are some current photos of my rear seat area after being cleaned up. I will post some add'l pic's once the front seats have been finished.

One other issue I have in order to finish restoring my interior is carpet. IMy rear carpet is almost perfect. The front carpet however is shot. It didn't help that the paint shop who sprayed my car managed to paint a small area in my driver door jamb tangerine. But it made the decision to buy new carpet that much easier. So, can someone offer suggestions on where the best place would be to get the correct brown carpet for the best price?

Say, Mr Gruen, what are you doing for belts? don't see any installed. Does your car have the retractors?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.