Thread: WTB - Early 911S Steel Front Bumper

WTB - Early 911S Steel Front Bumper

I'm looking for an early S front steel bumper. A little rust and repair work is OK and if it was in southern CA that would be a bonus. Thanks

S bumper

You can always go to Road & Rape in LA. $1500 NOS

That was an option I was hoping to avoid.... I'll keep hope that there is one out there - Thanks

oops

Sorry made a type O the P should have been a C. Just remember if you don't lie they don't buy!

S Bumper

Of interest? - bumpers from 1965 to 1968 - single battery 911 and 912 , are all the same except for the trim.

where do you buy NOS from???

Quote Originally Posted by ret9191
    Sorry made a type O the P should have been a C. Just remember if you don't lie they don't buy!
    So, who does have a NOS, STEEL S bumper, for UNDER $1500.00???

Seems like $1500.00 is the going rate from the other NOS sources I have tried in the past? There are very few NOS retailers out there, and they do command a premium. Nature of the business.

I have seen bondo over rust filled, bent bumpers from private parties asking over $1000.00, with NO brackets.

Just remember, if you cannot afford steel, you can always get a poor fitting fibreglass one for much cheaper. But why would you??

DISCLAIMER: I am not the owner, not related to the owner, do not have stock in the company, but I do know QUALITY/NOS anything is expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

I have a NOS steel S bumper I will sell for $1250 cash in San Diego. I bought it for my 70 911S but now I am afraid of getting ear rapped by the S-reg board for putting that bumper on a 70 S!!!!

allaircooled@yahoo.com or 760-522-0090 -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ret9191
    You can always go to Road & Rape in LA. $1500 NOS

I'm on the floor crying....

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Mark - The going rate for NOS does appear to be $1500 so $1250 is a good deal. I just can't justify that for this car. Based on the number of responses I've received I'm sure someone would be happy to get one at that price.

I'll keep looking for a used 'useable' bumper... Thanks

steel bumper

I have a steel bumper for sale, early 911 without the spoiler FS.
    Not sure if that is the type you want.