Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R Gruppe PacWest Campout September 15-16

'72 911T 3,0 liter MFI Albert Blue street/DE toy Jeff Higgins's Avatar

R Gruppe PacWest Campout September 15-16

Well, Eric ("Soterik" here on the registry; you all know who he is...) is doing it again - hosting his summer campout at his beautiful cabin in Leavenworth, Washington. Eric asked me to get the word out here on the registry message board to both let everyone know and, of course, to invite y'all to join us. The "official" dates are the weekend of September 15th and 16th, but Eric tells me that campers will be welcome on Friday the 14th as well.

This is open to R Gruppe and Early S Registry members, so come on out and have a good time. Please RSVP to Eric or myself so we can get an idea of how many to expect. If you need directions, contact Eric. Any questions, post them here, and one of us will do our best to answer them.

While this is billed as a "campout", please don't feel dissuaded by that if you are not a camper. There will be room for some tents and/or sleeping bags inside his garage for "less rugged" camping, and there are number of very good hotels just minutes away in Leavenworth. So if you want to come, but aren't looking forward to camping per se, there are other options.

A number of us in the Seattle area are planning on meeting for breakfast and caravanning over to Eric's. Breakfast will be at 7:30 at the 12th Street Cafe on Gillman Blvd in Issaquah. It's about a three hour drive from there to Eric's, so that will put us there sometime in the late morning / early afternoon timeframe. If you are interested in joining us for breakfast and the drive over, let me know.

Anyway, that's what I know for now. As you folks ask some questions, talk this over, and whatnot, this thread should eventually contain everything you will need to know. Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks...
    "God invented whisky so the Irish wouldn't rule the world."

Ok...
    We've got all the adult beverages instock...menu has been figured out (pork and beef tenderloin) for dinner, burgers for lunch, etc, weather is still excellent this time of year...high should be around 75 to 80. I've brought over all my Porsche reading material, old brochures, etc. to the cabin, and we have Porsche videos going to be run on the big screen and small screens. The neighbor has a cottage that can be rented for the weekend that houses 3 couples (he has a vineyard and tasting room as well), and we have plenty of room on the floor for those who don't want to "tent". Leavenworth is 10 minutes away. We'll do at least one "run" up the valley. We also will have a "challenge" on the 4 lane slot car setup.
    Gary Emory is coming....so there will be no lack of story telling....

Oh, and I've got a garage with a "few" parts and cars in it....

Hope to see you there!
    Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images    

By the way.... you're not 3 hours away from the cabin from Issaquah.... more like 2 hours... and if you drive the way I "think" that you do, it's more like 1 1/2 hours

Mapquest says 123 miles, 2 hours 8 minutes.... if you can't beat that..

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...a&2z=98826&r=f

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik
    We also will have a "challenge" on the 4 lane slot car setup.

...you had me at Slot car.

Photos of layout por favor (you show me yours, I'll show you mine).
    Torsion Bar Impaired... again.

It's an 4 lane HO setup, and it's in the trailer going over to the cabin this weekend. Full table top, banked turns, trees, creek, etc. I'll take pics this weekend and post. I've got 1/32 as well, but haven't figured out a layout yet, I've got many many FLY and Ninco cars for that (all Porsche).

Eric

Looking forward to it!
    Brad Anderson
    911 1970 einspritzung Karmann coupe 0012

Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thumbs up

Gonna be a great time!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Eric - PM me with your address. I've got videos.

Videos Recieved, Freekin awesome! Thanks Curt!!

Okay guys!

We're just about there, and the weekend is upon us.

Just an update, weather has been perfect, and it looks like it's going to be a great drive both over and back for the weekend. Weather in Leavenworth shows highs of about 80°, and lows in the forties, so be sure and bring a jacket and sweater for sitting around the campfire.

Curt Egerer has just sent me quite a few great videos that will be shown on the big-screen and also on a separate television. We will have another TV showing the Husky vs. Ohio State football game.

A few questions regarding trailers and motorhomes. There is no problem with either one we have plenty of space, and I think I have enough power for the motorhomes, just bring extra power cords.

It looks like we have all of the meals covered, if there's any special food requests, or concerns please let me know.

Regarding directions I have listed below three different ways of getting here.

From Seattle/Issaquah via interstate 90:
    http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...A&2z=98826&r=f

From Seattle/Bothell via Highway 2 to over Stevens Pass:
    http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...A&2z=98826&r=f

From Portland/McMinnville, coming up through Yakima:
    http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...2s=WA&2z=98826

The address to the cabin is:
    10075 Eagle Creek RD.
    Leavenworth Wa. 98826
    Ph 509 548-1320

From Leavenworth, you go North on Chumstick Hwy. Chumstick Hwy, is a traffic light in Leavenworth that is on the east end of town, but is on the west side of the river, it's right by Dan's Market. If memory serves me, it's the 2nd traffic light into town, no matter if you're coming from East or West.

You go north on the Chumstick for 2.1 miles to Eagle Creek Rd. (you should see the Eagle Creek Winery sign just before the Rd.). Go east on Eagle Creek for the 2.3 miles To Eagle Creek Winery. You will take the right down the driveway at the winery. At the bottom of the driveway, take a left and you're there!

If you're coming over on Friday please let me know so that we can plan dinner appropriately. Otherwise, we are covered for last-minute visitors as well for lunch and dinner on Saturday.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to call or e-mail me. I'm heading over to the cabin Friday morning.

Eric
    elinden@earthlink.net, ph 206 321-2960, cabin 509 548-1320