Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RGruppe Palm Springs Run '07

RGruppe Palm Springs Run '07

It's that time again everyone....time to mark your calender be out in Palm Springs.... The dates are Sat/Sun Oct. 13-14.

The once again our Host Hotel is the Wyndham.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/PSPPS//main.wnt

We have a block of "King Suite" rooms set aside and are $189/++ Our contact once again is Eleana and her direct line to book your room is: 760-416-2942 Mention "RGruppe Porsche Club"

This year we are doing things a tad different, that being that the actual drive will be out in Palm Springs Saterday, mid to late morning. That being the case, there will be some who will be going out Friday nite and joining us at our Hosts Dave & Sheila Bohmann's lovely Palm Springs home for an inpromptu cocktail party.

Those who are coming out Saterday morning should have a great run directly out to meet us at Dave & Sheila's. Here is their address for mapquesting purposes:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...ItLWp84w%3d%3d

We will be doing a new run this year that is about 90 min and all open desert roads ....we will eventually end up back at Dave & Sheila's in the early afternoon to chill out and dive in the pool to cool off, and those like me who have worked up an appetite, there will be some lunch fixin's ready

Saterday evening party details will following shortly, after which, we have reservations at a very nice resturant that my social advisers (Gloria & Sheila...) are very excited about.....

http://www.riccios-palmsprings.com/

This is shaping up to be a very exciting,fun filled weekend so book your room ASAP !!! More details to follow....so stay tuned !!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Exclamation Make your reservation

Now that we all had such a great time at GAF, it's time to start thinking about an awesome weekend out in Palm Springs next month.....

If you are planning on going, PLEASE take a moment and reserve your room now as the hotel is booked solid. Remember, you can always cancel your reservations up to 48 hrs in advance should your plans change. Please don't wait.... you won't get a room if you do !!!

Also if you are interested in going and have any questions, please feel free post or PM me here.

*** I'd also like to get some feedback about the proposed new format with the drive this year...nothing is set in stone and we'll go with what the majority wants to do....either the traditional run out Ortega Hwy, or the new version I outlined above. But I need to hear from you !!!! I am not a mind reader and I am only trying to avoid the "same old thing" syndrome in order to hopefully keep participation up.

So please sound off - and make your Hotel reservation asap !!!!
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

I booked

John,

I made my reservations today....FYI: They stated 3 days notice to cancel.

My vote is how you have it set up. I like the idea of a desert drive, then back to the house,pool,food,party.

How many years in a row has this been going on??? It gets better every time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

MY vote

John, I like the idea of a desert drive, the Ortega Hwy is getting a little old and crowded too...

Of course, with my luck, I'll break down either way....

See everybody in October....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Thx, Ray....sheesh....I'll have to take this up with my social coordination team

So 72 hr cancellation policy everyone !!! I appologise for my inaccurate info, and Thanks go to ya Ray !!
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Palm Springs

Thanks, for the notice. This is one I look forward to and all the people involved.

I like the way you have the drive set up.

Hope we have some snow again.

Will Sanchez

Wed Sept 19th is Hotel cutoff

That's right... after this date we loose whatever rooms are being held for us and you are on your own if you are planning on spending the night. So Book your room Now and avoid the crunch!!

Also...If you are even thinking about coming out and are planning on attending the dinner, PLEASE chime in here so I at least have a vague idea as to how many to expect My RGruppe social coordinating team has things to get set and we need to know!!

If anyone has any questions - please feel free to PM me here and I'll get right back to you.

Book your room !!!
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Smile We're fillin' up.....

In checking with our Hotel contact, Eleana, at the Wyndham Hotel.....as of today (9/14) we have 7 of the 10 "King Suite" rooms reserved. You procrastinators out there had better git on it !!! as you might get your room swooped out from under you my another RGruppe/Early 911S registry member...!!!

We have a Friday night impromptu "meet & greet" at Dave & Sheila's.... then after that we'll all go to somewhere for a very casual dinner fare....then we'll retire fairly early so to be ready for a great desert drive Saterday morning !!!

You don't want to miss this....there will be nice warm Palm Springs temp's day and night....with a window's down desert drive consisting of lots of long open desert "sweepers"

As of today we have 18-20... and probably more.(as always every year...).. that are going to be at the Saterday night dinner....can you say par-tee !!!

So I think you want to be there !!!! Right?!?!?!
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Run

I do have the big suite we had the party in 2 years ago. Thought we would have a pre party to the Sat. nite dinner, maybe start around 4 or 5PM. I will supply the wine, and some apps. Stay tuned.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Thank You VERY much Eade !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I may, I would like to just add a tid-bit here....... Two yrs ago we were all incredibly "surprised" ....to put it mildly, at the ambiance of the little swarray Eade hosted for all of us...wow!!!

Eade, your generosity and hospitality is unmatched, and if you are even planning on having half the "good time vibes" that were floating thru the place the last time....whoa....watch out RGruppe Palm Springs attendees!!

....but I also need to mention that last year Eade has some "Dad Duty" that sometimes we dad's just gotta attend to, and Eade was unable to attend, so..... all of a sudden Lars and Steven ask everyone to come on by thier suite for a bit and the rest is RGruppe history

....so like Eade says.... stay tuned !!
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335