Thread: What Are These Front Swb Flared Fenders?

What Are These Front Swb Flared Fenders?

I recently picked up a '67 "race car" for it's '68S motor. Now that I start to examine this thing, it's in pretty good shape. That aside, the front fenders have me perplexed. Please note that these look to be original to the car ( the original polo red, then chartruse, and now black paint is all there still) and show no welded seams. They hold '67 horn grills. They look too perfect to be hand formed as they are folded up and back inside the wheel well. What company made these and what do I replace that ugly 1 pc. fiberglass SC bumper with?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

For the nose, I have a GT Racing RS bumper spoiler (if you care for that look). Now to more important things, I love that Marina Blue looking 911 in the background......
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

The blue one is "Bahama Blue" or "Acid Blue". Nice car. It has a 3.0 Carrera motor in it that I want to put into my '72T.

If there are 4 tabs in the light bucket to mount the headlights and a ’67 horn grill fits then they are a ’68 fender. This was a one year only fender with that combo. As to the flairs???

The rear flare is diffenently an RS flare. The fronts are from a 69' up car. The person that did the body work either added a SWB light box to a later 69' up fender or added a 69' up flare to a 68' SWB fender. My guess is the later since they look like they were trying to "update" the look of the car.

These flares have probably been butt welded. The only way to tell when a flare has been butt welded on is to wire brush the paint off.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.