Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Frills Iron Bottom Motoring Tour

No Frills Iron Bottom Motoring Tour

The dates for the 10th Anniversary of this event will be 10,11,12 of April, 2008. Host site is the Black Oak Motor Lodge in Paso Robles.
    http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwest...ertyCode=05084 Make your reservations early, you can always cancel.
    The link for the Event:
    http://www.bench-racing.com/html/no_frills.html Must have a 1974 car or older. There are a lot of pictures on the site to let you see what type of cars enter. Go as fast or as slow as you want, everyone is welcome. And the cost??? Free, other than your room and your own meals. If you like to drive your car, they do not call this the "Iron Bottom Rally" for nothing. Prepare to drive your pants off It starts from the Rose Bowl in Pasdena, but you can hook up at anytime. So, if you live in the Bay Area, meet everyone for lunch on the first day in Taft, Ca. The people who do this event are TOTAL GEAR HEADS.

Last year saw about 14 of us with Early Porsche cars. There was over 80 cars of all makes. It is one of THE BEST EVENTS of the YEAR. Over 1,000 miles of Fantastic driving with no Traffic, GREAT roads and scenery. All of those who went last year should chime in on this thread as to how much fun they had. Most of the driving is from North of L.A, up to Monterey, and everywhere in between. If you are going to make just one event this year, this is it.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Why 1974 and older car? what is magical about 1974?
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03
    Why 1974 and older car? what is magical about 1974?
    I guess the same reason some of the other tours are 1959 and below, that is what they want.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

I second Eade's accolades about the Iron Bottom. It's a great tour! Check out the threads from last's year's event:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ht=iron+bottom

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ht=iron+bottom
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

10th Anniversary of the NFIBR

I booked my room at the Black Oak Best Western.

If you are even thinking of going, book your rooms NOW!!!!!!!!

I went last year, it was even BETTER than Eade described, roads that were unbelievable.

For the 10th Anniversary I heard the DISorganizers were really working at making it special.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Iron Bottom

Just booked my room, they have a few left.
    This was a great event and the open bar in the parking lot
    wasn't bad either.

As a 10th anniversary this should be real disorganized.

Eade, hit it on the head. You can go as fast as you want,
    or you can take it as easy as you want.
    Unless you are following Eade and the boys,
    than its just FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will Sanchez

Update

Here is the latest update:

SIX MONTHS TO GO
    10TH ANNUAL NO FRILLS IRON BOTTOM MOTORING TOUR

Thursday, April 10th is the starting date for the 2008 NFIBMT

The Rose Bowl in Pasadena is the starting point

If you are late we don’t wait. Drivers meeting at 7:15AM. Start at 7:30AM. If you arrive at 7:35AM we will be gone.

Now is the time to make your room reservations. We will spend two nights in Paso Robles at the Black Oak Motor Lodge (April 10th and 11th) 805-238-4740.
    No advance arrangements have been made.

This is a No Frills event. You are responsible for your own room arrangements, your own dining arrangements and you own car.

ALL HANDS MEAL
    Thanks to the hard work of one of the disorganizers the ALL HANDS MEAL IS BACK. On Saturday, April 12, 2008, we will enjoy a catered breakfast at Mission San Antonio de Padua.
    The breakfast is on an active U.S. Military Installation you must have current drivers license, registration and proof of insurance.
    Breakfast reservations are $20, per person and will be available Thursday at the starting line. Like everything in the NFIBMT participation is voluntary.

PRE 1976 VEHICLES PLEASE

If you need the 2008 event flyer request it by e-mail from

NFIBMT@aol.com

Very COOL & FUN EVENT
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

I'm in !

Just made reservations at the Black Oak Motor Lodge.

This is going to be an awesome event. I'll be there in my 1970 911E with
    Scott Shores & his GHC 1971 911E Targa

There are still rooms available, but going fast....
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

"GHC"
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03
    "GHC"
    Instead of asking why 1974 and below, and what is GHC, sign up for the event, and all of your questions will be answered. I promise you it will be the BEST EVENT YOU HAVE BEEN to in that GREAT 70E that I sold you
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224