Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Terrible news...........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Does it seem like an inordinate number of drivers have been killed over the years in helicopters and light aircraft?

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer
    Does it seem like an inordinate number of drivers have been killed over the years in helicopters and light aircraft?
    Yes, it seems that way, from Graham Hill to Alan Kuwiki (sp?) and many more. McRae certainly cheated death in his rally career enough. Sad that his end had to come no matter what the cause.

This from the London Times:

"The rally legend Colin McRae always got up and walked away. However big the crash, no matter how many bones he had broken or bruises he sustained, the world’s most celebrated rally driver seemed indestructible.

So the news that he did not walk away from a helicopter crash on Saturday afternoon while landing at his tranquil mansion outside Lanark appeared inaccurate. Sadly not.

How could a man who had lain trapped upside down in a smouldering rally car with fuel dripping all over him or escaped from a violent barrel roll across the Sahara desert succumb to a crash in his back garden? Heroes die in heroic circumstances. Not at tea time one late summer afternoon outside a small Scottish town.
    "

I found his bravery daunting when he opted to have badly broken finger amputated rather than miss the next race. I just only now learned that it was NOT amputated after evaluation, yet he continued on.

I have always liked the team of McRae/ Grist. They seemed to have that certain symbiotic relationship that would allow that kind of trust. I know it fell apart after many years, but they were good years.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer
    You've got to be kidding me!!!!
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Some of DR's early work.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Terrible news. I used to follow the WRC more when it was on Speed and always loved McRae and also Richard Burns, who died a few years ago also (of a brain tumor).

Saw the X Games rally this year with McRae on TV too.

Very sad.

helicopters are bad, bad news. military seems to have a lot of bad luck with them as well.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!