Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS just restored 1971 911E sunroof coupe

FS just restored 1971 911E sunroof coupe

I have been working on this car for the past year and a half,the car the car underwent a full bare metal repaint, to it's original color (Bahia Red) the whole car was taken apart and put back with all new hard ware the under coating was re shot in the correct texture.

this car features

All matching numbers
    All new bushings
    All new shocks
    all new weather stripping
    sunroof
    leather seats
    New motor and transmission mounts
    New engine sound pad
    Complete rebuild on the engine
    Rebuilt Transmission
    New clutch kit
    All new brake lines (hard and soft)
    All new fuel lines (correct German hoses)
    New carpet kit (inside as well as trunk)
    New head liner
    Perfect dash
    Nice door pockets
    New tire and refurbished fuchs (5)
    Original radio and speaker
    Rechromed seat hinges
    Original owner manual
    Original restored jack

I'm sure I'm forgetting things but if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me I did about 85% of the work on the car

e-mail goldsc_78258@yahoo.com

I'm asking 40K lots of time and money spend on the car but I would hate to put a pencil to it

I also have a soft window targa 1969 911E that is fairly unmolested it has all original wheels tools service booklet original color Polo red. Complete engine with the original mechanical fuel injection it is a running car just spent 2K on a complete brake rebuild. It has some rust repairs. I don't know what to ask for this one as I had planed to restore but I need money right now for other projects.

Let me know if you are interested I have several picture of the coupe on the different stages of the restoration.

I'm having some problems with the size of the pictures I'll try later but you can always e-mail me or call 210 789 1439 and I'll send them

Fred,

email sent.

Chuck

Link

Here is a link with pictures of the car at various stages

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd93/911motors/

very, very nice. you must be proud!
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Nice!

Beautiful car. You did great work on the restoration.

Good luck with the sale.
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Thanks

Thanks guys. I've learned a lot thru this and other porsche boards, I'm no expert by any means but I'm willing to always learn something new. this is my first "full" restoration I think it came out nice but it is not ready for Pebble beach concours yet (maybe next one)

I've been asked by a couple of people about the numbers on the car so here they are

BTW I've added some more pictures of the engine while it was out of the car

VIN 911120684
    ENGINE 6211063 911/01
    TRANNY 7116369 911/01

1971 911e

Still available. Anybody looking for a very nice E?

Thanks

How did you get the front Koni struts to look that good? Are they NOS or repainted? Was the front trunk always painted black or was it the color of the car. Just curious because my very early 72S in the front trunk is painted the same as the car. Your car looks great. -Scott

911 E

Scott, I just replaced the inserts, the outer body got sand blasted cleaned and painted I found a color that was a perfect match to the koni paint (I think is an engine enamel called chevy orange) the interior of the car was black from the get go but it got stripped and repainted.

Your 911E looks very nice. You do good work. i am in the process of restoring a 71E , non-sunroof coupe. Just back from the paintshop. I'll feel good if it turns out as nice as yours. did you refinish the wheels yourself? Great looking car. Someone will get a deal and be very happy.
    PS. Just for reference. My trunk is also the same color as the car, but the engine compartment is black.