Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1971 Italian 911S Targa

1971 Italian 911S Targa

Up 4 sale is my '71 911S Targa. It was originally delivered to Italy and in 2001 it was brought to the U.S. I have owned it 4 the last 4 years. The odometer currently reads 66k kilometers. Not sure if that's 166km or 66km. The engine is matching numbers and had an upper-engine rebuild by Beck Independant Porsche here in Phoenix. At the same time, the tranny was re-sealed and the calipers were rebuilt. This was all done last month. The leakdown numbers are within acceptable ranges and the engine is very strong. The car does not leak any oil and does not smoke. At some point in the car's history the original 901 tranny was changed to a 915--cannot tell you when.
    The body on the car is very straight with original color tangerine. It was repainted to a very high-quality 4 years ago. The underbody of the car has absolutely no rust, nor is there any rust in the battery boxes or floors. I think this is due to the fact that it spent most of its life in Italy.
    The interior has no rips, original carpets but there is a small crack in the dash. I will include an additional dash to install.
    A couple local early 911S members have seen the car and have commented that this is a really nice driver. It is not concourse, but a very nice solid car that you can be proud of. I cannot upload pictures b/c my files are too big. Email or call me for information or pictures at crazycactusguy@yahoo.com or 480-241-9377 and I will send them. I would like to get $43k for the car. I am selling the car b/c currently I own 2 and don't use either one of them. My wife is annoying me to get rid of them.
    Thank you for your consideration.
    Mitch

From your ad on Pelican...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Thanks for your help Peter . Regards Mitch

Mitch:

Is this the car you PM'd me about today?

Jason

911s targa

yep. Regards Mitch

Mitch:

Is this car the tangerine or is it polo red?

What is the other car you are selling?

I will give you a call tomorrow if that is OK as I need to get the kids to sleep.

Thanks,

Jason

what else are you selling
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

911s

I have another 71s targa, white, no rust,original engine, tranny, deep6's,straight body. Car has reversible issues though. For instance; window chrome blacked out,rs door panels,webers instead of mfi(have mfi system to change back), etc. The changes really don't bother me ,the purists may not like it . All I know is I have 2 2.2s and they are both fun to drive.My thoughts were that the tangerine car based on its originality would be easier to market. Really wasn"t trying to sell the white one,but I guess anything could be for sale. Anyway getting late. Sweet Porsche dreams to all. Mitch

Hello Mitch,

I am in Los Angeles now and would like to see the car, are you near there???
    Thanks
    Chris

911s

I live in Scottsdale, about 400 miles away, 6 hour easy drive.If you are coming to Scottsdale , I would highly recommend going to Sedona.It's about an hour away and truly magnificent. Anyway my telephone number is in the ad if you want to talk more. Regards Mitch