Thread: Source for door pocket chrome trim strips?

Source for door pocket chrome trim strips?

Bought some good used door pockets on Pelican that are missing the chrome trim strips. Anyone know of a source? I might try the hardware store to see if I can find something similar.

The pocket in the pic is missing the top strip, the other pocket is missing both.

Ulrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I could not find any for my 911, so I made some with aluminum from Home Depot. No one has ever noticed they were not original.
    1973 911S
    1967 Alfa GTV
    2002 Miata

door pocket trim

Check with Einmalig in Huntington Beach, CA. They were selling repro door pockets with all the trim at last year's Literature & swap meet in LA/OC. They may have something.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Phillp ~ How did you make your own trim? I just need the short front bit.
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"
    1987 BMW K100RS Motorsport
    2004 BMW X3 6 speed manual transmisson

I bought a strip of aluminum at the hardware store that was u shaped so it had a channel to fit over an edge. It's soft enough to shape without cracking and polishes up like chrome. If you have to make a 90 degree, you cut 45s on each side and slowly bend it. It takes a close eye to see where the edges of the 45 meet.
    Hope this helps.
    1973 911S
    1967 Alfa GTV
    2002 Miata

Well I heard from einmalig.com - they want $50 for each piece. Hardware store here I come.

Ulrich

Take a look at the plastic chrome door edge guards sold in Pep Boys or most auto parts stores. They slip in the edge of the door pockets and conform fairly easily.
    1971 911S with Factory Recaro Sport Seats, 100% original, Bahia Red/Black

1974 914 2.0 Yellow/Black

2006 Cayman S Artic Silver/Terrecotta (Pending)

When you think in you're in full control, you're just not driving fast enough

Pep-Boys plastic chrome trim: $5. The beauty is it's the perfect size to slip under the corner piece openings. Maybe not for the concourse S you're trying to build but perfect for by budget T.

Thanks guys for the tip.

Ulrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You need nothing to quailfy it, it looks great. Enjoy the door pockets.
    1971 911S with Factory Recaro Sport Seats, 100% original, Bahia Red/Black

1974 914 2.0 Yellow/Black

2006 Cayman S Artic Silver/Terrecotta (Pending)

When you think in you're in full control, you're just not driving fast enough

I appreciate the tip, it looks great.
    Bill Woods
    S Registry #1005