Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: @eBay - 1969S Targa "Carrera Prototype"

FS: @eBay - 1969S Targa "Carrera Prototype"

On eBay but "not for sale." Not mine!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...QQcmdZViewItem

Here are some questions and answers from eBay listing:

Hi I am bidding on this and was wondering what major city is near where you are ? so i can plan on a trip to pick up on my xar trailer?? also what price area is your reseve in I nwwd to know so I can hopefully be last bidder thanks Paul LV>NV Oct-05-07
    A: Hi Paul, thank you for your interest. At this point the car is NOT FOR SALE anymore. Indeed I am getting more and more info that this car is a so called 911 S Carrera Softwindow Targa PROTOTYPE. Transmission 901/05 is nowhere in literature, engine does have some differrences compared to original 901/10. RARE RED interior/blue exterior. Right now I will still call it the mystery car, until someone will come up with more info on the car. I will leave this page running in order to receive more E-mails- hopefully previous owners, but AGAIN CAR IS NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE. To all those typical babblers on the Porsche Forums "I think this time you are correct- it is indeed not a 911S -it is a 911S Carrera." Again ALL HELP highly APPRECIATED. Most important to all of you - enjoy your classic cars.
    Q: Is this really soft back? Pictureshows glass in rear window. Softbacks are rear windows that can be rolled bacxk leaving only the targa bar. Send more photos please. Oct-04-07
    A: I do not know exactly, Sticker in rear, dedicates it as SOFT window. Look at the picture with the engine compartment sticker!
    Q: This is a prototype, none assembly line pre Carrera Porsche Targa. If it has self leveling and Bosch jetronic fuel injection.. then it is Bosch proto as well. Look for the cylnder assigned hand built Bosch Platinum spark plugs. I have one myself in restorable condition. My research shows that softbacks were fitted with S group accessories and are testyed as pre Carrera proto types. Almost handbuilt, none assembly line and very, very rare. Let me know if you find more about this. We may want to create a group since even Porsche doesnt have much info about this car. Though I am told Inge` kept one for his own collection Oct-04-07
    A: Thank you very much for this information. I will post it.
    Q: Hello, I was wondering why you bought the car and why you are now selling it? If it is really an "S" why don't you keep it? I am interested because of its weirdness to what it is!! But if you found out all you can then it really becomes a strange one! What is your buy it now price? Could you send more detail photos to me? Thanks, Kevin gunnarracing.com Oct-04-07
    A: It is a weird car, look at transmission 901/05!!. Is it an original S?. YES, according to VIN & Chassis number - Look at the routing of the original oil lines and all the S parts. This car was never apart. Would someone 10-15 years ago create an S with numbers non existing? while the car at that time in good contion was worth 8000 US$. I don't think so, but of course I don't know for sure. I can forward the phone number of the person in charge at Porsche factory if requested and you can ask him personally about it. It seems xxx 888 was created intentionally by the factory.
    Q: you said it was possibly a soft window car ? the picture on trailer shows hard glaas ? also whts interior like ? and what wheel and tire combo on car currenty ? thanks Paul LV.NV Oct-04-07
    A: Yes, look at sticker provided in rear- Yes it does have hard glass now, but replaced at one time, INTERIOR IS ALL THERE BUT ROTTEN< STEEL WHEELS , dated 1971, not correct, Best is you need a 69 TARGA donor!
    Attached Images Attached Images

healdsburg,ca

healdsburg,ca says it all

Yes, but interesting though, to see Kevin a gunarracing, asked him a question...

-Allen-

Reference for VIN tracking....

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Dr. Anton strikes again!
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461

Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

>>Dr. Andreas Anton

*Cough*...crook...*Ahem*...scammer...*hack*...VIN faker. Oh, excuse me!

>>A: Yes, look at sticker provided in rear- Yes it does have hard glass now, but replaced at one time,

LOL...all 911s from this time had that sticker...doesn't mean it's a softie.

>>Best is you need a 69 TARGA donor!

He just needs to finish this sentence...to cut out the VINs and transfer them over. I guess he didn't learn anything from selling that fake yellow 911RS.

Yes but the VIN is strange: 119310888 as all sources show them stopping at 614. Remember that even a broken clock shows the correct time twice a day.
    -Allen-

I agree, that's a very strange vin. The engine number could sequence with a coupe made at the same time (roughly) that had that vin number of a "coupe". Gearbox is strange too....hmmmm

e

I have a tran's with 901/05?? I disassambled it it was standard a,f,m,s,x The problem is the transmissions start getting strange numbers from being dragged across the garage floor etc. I guess what I'm saying is the 901/05 in all honesty is probably a 901/2 could be wrong..... but this is what I came up with on the 901/05 I had
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe