Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C of A, PCNA Listens

C of A, PCNA Listens

Kardex Lamenters,

I just received a very complete C of A from Porsche. We 911S Registry folks can take some credit: for this C of A request which I sent via Fax and email to Atlanta, I linked complaints from our list and commented that Porsche nuts like us expected more. So this is what I got:

Which begs the question: electric exterior mirror...in 1967...well I'm missing mine and just put on a Stoddard Durant. So, somebody got a electric mirror for me? No to mention, btw, I just found a really nice Frankfurt (update: Frankfurt is not for sale or trade, sorry) now on the way to me and turns out I need a Bremen. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images  

electric exterior mirror...in 1967...
    Kenikh has that same weird thing on his COA. I wonder if your mirror is originally a Talbot as well. Not that those were electric ..

Richard

COA Problems

For one, there was NEVER any type of electric mirror on a Porsche until 1975. For two, those COA's are FULL of mistakes.

..and it doesn't have any more info then the two I got for my cars 4 years ago - except for the transmission type. Different layout - same info.

don't pay..

I would send schwarzenbauer a notice of intent to file a fraud case. you would think that before he put his name on something as critical as a C-A, he would know the history of the Company he leads in the "biggest market" in the world. Maybe a "class" action would be what it mite take for them to get it together. How much is it to get this rubbish C-A? Thank goodness they're NOT selling diamonds !!!
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Porsche could give rats beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep about these old cars. Just go buy a new suv or 4 door.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Based on the title of this thread I thought you were being serious ....
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

I was, I am

Based on what I was first told, I wasn't even going to get a produciton date. I guess if you aim low you won't be dissapointed. I can live with the mirror error but I'll let them know and get a new one I suppose. Yes, a little dissapointing but let's not be too hard on PCNA.

-Allen-

Maybe the 3-digit options code (398?) for electric mirrors (1975-1995) represented some other option in 1967?
    Thomas
    1973 911S Targa

Quote Originally Posted by Dr 911E
    Yes, a little dissapointing but let's not be too hard on PCNA.
    -Allen-
    I think we NEED to be hard on PCNA. When you look at other historical marques (Mercedes and Ferrari in particular) they seem to be perfectly willing and able to produce HIGH QUALITY historical documents to the owners of their vintage cars (as well as factory restoration programs); it continues to baffle and upset me that Porsche seems unable and unwilling to produce a decent, historically accurate product for the vintage crowd. Why would Porsche want to ignore their history? Why would Porsche not support the Vintage Community? In fact, I'd say that a vast majority of people who own vintage Porsches also own a modern Porsche vehicle as well. There's a reason for that...

If it is a matter of dollars and cents, how could it not be a good business move for Porsche to milk the vintage cash cow? Parts, restoration services and accurate, historical information are all things that the vintage crowd is clamoring for - it's high time that Porsche recognizes the existing market and begins catering to it.

So, like I said, we NEED to be hard on PCNA. After all, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687