Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Show me your "correct" radio in dash.

Can you turn the faceplate upside down? Still the same result?

Is the basket weave vinyl cut to the right of the ventilation controls with the radio delete?

Quote Originally Posted by teenchy View Post
    Here are the photos of the universal mount Europas in this thread for comparison:

Attachment 494471

Attachment 494472

I imagine I could cut the opening in the basketweave a little smaller than the opening in the metal plate and push it inward when I snap the Europa's chrome bezel in place, but I suspect that might not leave a very neat appearance.
    Well after what seems like an eternity I finally have my Becker in place. I think I did a fair if not perfect job of lining up the basketweave, at least on the side next to the glove box door.

Name:  europa2stereoin70t.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  81.7 KB

It has a Bluetooth adapter connected to the aux input behind the dash, out of sight. As for the authenticity of a Europa II stereo unit, the CoA indicated that the car was wired for an antenna but did not specify what kind of radio was installed. I could then imagine that the PO might have gone back to the dealer at some time and requested a Europa II stereo be installed. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

Similar Threads

1. White 930 on Speeds "Pass Time" show
    By TB73 in forum Drives, Tours, Gatherings, Racing and Adventures
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2013, 10:08 AM
  2. Bobby Rahal's "Rally for the Ranch" charity car show - Columbus Ohio
    By Cornpanzer in forum Drives, Tours, Gatherings, Racing and Adventures
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 08:21 AM
  3. Show me Rennsport Reunion "Foor" pics...please
    By bob tilton in forum Drives, Tours, Gatherings, Racing and Adventures