Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wtb: 1973rs

Die schönste Rennstrecke der Welt. Nordschleife's Avatar

Talking Mit Porsche er fyldt med ål! (So pass me a fishing net)

Hej Peter. Hvordan går det?

Did you call the Seller of this Porsche 2,7RS? What did you learn?

Languages are wonderful. I make mistakes in English all the time. But then again, I'm an American so we're always making new additions to the English language anyway.

Tak skal du have!

Andy

Yes I called. See post 19. Will see if I can get my hands on the magazine.

(Impressed by your linguistic skills...)
    Regards Peter
    S Registry #1445

1970 911 FIA racecar pastel blue
    1971 911s (sunroof) black
    1974 911 3.2 RS tribute aga blue

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    For reference...

"1973 Porsche Carrera RS touring edition. This is genuine numbers matching RS. Chassis# 9113601108, engine# 6631067, gearbox # 7831087. Original color was India red but was repainted in GP White with blue "Carrera" lettering. Interior is black. 5 Speed manual transmission, leather Sport Seats, locking differential, rear luggage compartment instead of rear seats, manual antenna and 4 speaker sound system. "

http://www.carsauto.com/detail.cfm?ID=276401
    Still available...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/2470622176.html
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Hey fellas...I am learning about early 911s....no means an expert but, doesn't that RS seem very well priced?

There is a similar car (non OE color) for sale in Newport Beach for $270-280...I know of another real RS for sale in LA for $250...again, not the OE color.

Where is the current market for RS's?

Lightbulb

Louie,

Welcome to the board...

This thread should help...

It starts in '06 and the last entree is last month........
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...y-Thread-911RS

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

thank you Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post

If you want to know more about this car without personally inspecting (and possibly some prior history) , the last straight shooter owner (I am not making any inferances of the current dealer or owner . I just know nothing of them) ... posts on this board occasionally. G. Valerio (this was his as of about 3 - 4 years ago. Or at least he was offering it). I took a quick look at it , and besides the original motor cases (and trans ...which I did not check) . It has an alloy frame ducktail and what looked to be an original front spoiler (which is VERY uncommon). Incorrect rugs & recovered sport seats. This is all I can tell you from a 5 min. inspection.

I was looking for a very nice clone...but, have been unable to find one. I have noticed that over the last few years the nice clones have been selling in the $75-100k range.
    While significantly more..I would rather have the real deal.

I did not know that RS's had ballooned in value in the late 80s. (I do remember Ferrari's going insane with Enzos passing...)

Do any of you think that the current values are going to hold or fall as they have before?

Hello email sent. I sold Walter both of his RS'S and have a very nice number matching RS for sale now. eurosprtca@aol.com Thanks George

Just for the record. George bought 1122 from me. Previous to me it was owned and raced by "Gentleman" Jim Barrington [RIP- very nice enthusiast], who got it from Charles Coker. George was the last owner prior to the dealership in SF, yes, but he only possessed it for one day. Might anyone know what finally happened to it? It was a much better car than most realized at the time.

As this posted I realized this is my 356th post! Yes, I owned a string of 356s back before anyone cared.