Thread: Help with a 66 912 dashboard...

Help with a 66 912 dashboard...

Hey guys. I don't normally post here because my car is one of those modern cars. 86 Carrera

Anyway I need some help with for a friend that has some parts from a 66 912.
    He has a dashboard that looks to be in very good shape but I want to make sure that it isn't a replacement. It has no cracks and it came out of a car that he bought back in the early 70s so I think it to be authentic. If it is authentic any assistance in the value would be greatly appreciated. Here is a few pics of it. The car is long gone now. Just a few parts left from it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

66 Dash

That dash is looking very good. The quality of material has held up very well. The speaker holes look correct, it has the right amount of bubbly front edge to be period correct (aged well).

My guess would be that it has not been recovered.

A new cover on a core dash starts at $500. A quality used original would be in that range, possibly more, if a few people are in NEED of one at the same time.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Bob, thanks so much for the info. I do appreciate it. I will probably post it in the classifieds in case anyone is looking for one.
    One more question. Would I be correct in assuming this will also fit a 911 from the same year? I don't know the early cars very well so I still trying to learn.
    Regards,
    Jerry

Similar Threads

1. FS - Dashboard pad - SWB
    By lovepor in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 12:45 AM
  2. WTB: Dashboard for my '70E
    By Jazzman in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 09:14 AM
  3. FS: Dashboard