Thread: Spark Plug Wire Holder to Fan Shroud - Where to Get?

Spark Plug Wire Holder to Fan Shroud - Where to Get?

I was just re-reading John Gray's article in the Esses about making your own spark plug wires. I just replace the wires in both my cars and had to wire tie them instead of using the factory method of securing them to the fan shroud with the rubber "thingy." John points out a great way to secure them that is used by hot rodders, but he did not mention where to get them. Does anyone know who can point me in the right direction. We don't have too many "hotrod" shops here in the midwest. Thanks.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Scott,
    You need some spark plug wire looms. The guys at Clewett enginering sell these for dual plug apps but I think any of the local speed shops or parts store local to you would sell something that would work.
    Phil

So many questions, so few answers....

Summit Racing products?

http://www.summitracing.com/hr/

I'm fairly certain I've seen them in their catalog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1967 911S Coupe
    1991 944S2 Coupe

Past projects:
    1967 912 Coupe
    1969 911T Coupe
    1985.5 944 SR Coupe

Sacto S, that is EXACTLY what I am looking for. Thanks!
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Yep, Sacto is right - Summit. I tried several types. The Taylor clamp style work best. The 10mm is needed if you have sheathing, 9mm if you don't. The part number for black ones at Summit is TAY-42709. Spectre discontinued the Fyrebraid sheathing. I don't know why, it was their best product. It still pops up on Ebay occasionally. I bought several packages recently that were (no kidding) Katrina survivors. Mud still on the packages. The other nice thing about Fyrebraid is you can dye it any color you like. These are some wires I made for a friends car, he wanted a subtle grey color. He also whittled his own fan hold downs, an even nicer solution as you can see. I've also seen some nice ones like these on a couple of Supertec engines, but I don't know if it's a product they actually sell.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John Gray

70 old air
    86 middle air
    95 new air

So many questions, so few answers....

Glad to be of help

I have had good luck with Summit. They ship quickly. They even threw in a Summit hat with one of my orders and the order was less than $15.00.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1967 911S Coupe
    1991 944S2 Coupe

Past projects:
    1967 912 Coupe
    1969 911T Coupe
    1985.5 944 SR Coupe

Here are better pictures than those reproduced in the article, showing them after the molding marks sanded off, then some SEM vinyl dye rubbed in for a satin finish. A snip of grippy toolbox liner glued on the inside and they won't be going anywhere.
    John Gray

70 old air
    86 middle air
    95 new air

-Andrew
    '72 911E
    '82 931, '92 968, '93 968
    S Reg #1074

Speaking of spark plug wires, does anybody know where I could buy some clips that I could clamp on each wire that would indicate which cylinder the wires go to? I have crossed wires one too many times.
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

You should be able to find this in the Electrical Dept at Home Defect or Lowes. Nothing fancy, but it would work.