Thread: WTB: Solex P1 Linkage & Misc. Parts

WTB: Solex P1 Linkage & Misc. Parts

Hello all,

I've decided to pull my 40IDAs off my 65 engine for my 71T and put the Solex's back on the 65. I'm a long way away as they'll need a rebuild but I want to ensure I can locate some missing parts prior to delving into this. I checked here, with Sunset Porsche and other places but no luck.

I've attached a photo of the parts I'm looking for (circled in red). If anyone can help, that'd be great!

Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ron

Ron...

Contact the folks at Early Air Cooled

http://www.earlyaircooled.com/index.php?pr=Home_Page

They were a great source for Solex parts when I needed them...like #32 in the picture.

John

Ron I checked the other day and I think the dampner is still avaible from the dealer @120.00.
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Thanks. I've sent an e-mail to earlyaircooled. I'll check again with the dealers but the three I've called thought it was humorous that I'd be looking for 1965 Solex parts.
    Ron

I don't have them look it up I give them the part numbers I'm looking for.If it isn't a Boxster oil filter they are usually lost.
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Thanks. I figured if I had them look up the part using a description, they'd be unlikely to spend the time and effort. So I used the part numbers from the Pelican parts diagrams and cross referenced them from my Porsche parts manual. One reply was, "No way we have or can get anything like that."

I just ordered the parts from Pelican's parts diagram but they have a disclaimer that the parts are special order and may not be available. I'll keep my fingers crossed. In the meantime, perhaps someone here has them laying around for a reasonable price.
    Ron

Ron,

I have (currently ..) an extra dampner.

With all these (Solex) parts getting scarce am I kind of reluctant to sell these kind of parts but it's better that it's on a car than on my shelf just in case I need it. In other words if you can not get it new, contact me and we will work out a reasonable price.

Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ron,

Stoddards still sells the #35 & #36...they are red fiber washers of two different sizes and are the only thing that will keep the fuel from leaking...
    also be sure not to tighten down #34 too tight as it will deform #32....it helps to make sure the washer sides of #32 are smooth and flat...
    Just some of the things I found out will working on some Solex....they are really cool little carbs....lots of fuel hoses....wow...lots of fuel hoses..
    Good luck on the project I know you will have fun and it is great to have the car running on the original stuff....
    John

Richard - Thanks for the offer. I'll wait to see what I can find so you won't have to part with yours. I would prefer a used one so it won't cost as much as a new, but I'll see what's out there.

John - Thanks for the info. I'm also trying to complete an MFI install on my 69E vs. the Webers. I've got two complete 69E MFI setups and some spare parts. Wish I were old enough to retire so I could actually spend some real time on these projects.

Ron
    Ron