Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire air bottle

Tire air bottle

Any one have a picture of a 73 tire inflation bottle for the collapsable spare tire? The one used with Carrera RS cars and 85 liter plastic tanks? Thanks Ron

air bottle

I have the bottle, but no picture

The '73 RS only used the gas bottle up to Jan '73 - after that they used a plug-in compressor to inflate the tyre.

Here's a picture (from Armando's site) of the gas bottle :

Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Smile Tanks

Thanks for posting the picture and information. I have had the air compressor and was looking for an air bottle for some time. One just arrived yesterday from Dave Aase and I wanted to verify that it was correct. There is a picture of an air bottle in the Carrera RS book but it looks different from the one pictures above and from mine. Was there two versions of the bottle? Also mine does not have any labels on it. Did some come this way or did they fall off? Thanks Ron

Ron,

Usually the labels came off the bottles. Here is an unobtainium piece, the air bottles also came in a box with a label.

Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Box and label

Yes a few months ago a guy posted that he was selling an NOS air bottle in the box on Ebay, I went to the bank and got a second mortgage so I could place a huge bid on the thing and then he ended the auction early! I bet he lost lots of money. So my question is with an RS light weight and no trunk carpet where does the tool kit, jack and air bottle go? Do they just bounce around or did they leave them in the pits when they raced? How about a jack location for a 73S?

carquip might still have one. no price listed.

http://www.carquip.com/parts/911/race/bottle/index.asp
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

I have a friend that has one, might be for sale if anybody is interested. He lives in Sweden and I could see it on his parts shelves last time I visited him.

J
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

-Andrew
    '72 911E
    '82 931, '92 968, '93 968
    S Reg #1074

How much are the bottles worth today? I have a spare w/o the labels, box, or air (but with the mini hose) that I'm thinking of selling. I remember paying a few hundred $$$ for it about 7 years ago.

I bought another from Dave at msroadrace a few years later as it was supposed to NOS sealed in the box, but the box was weird, and the bottle looked like it was banged around before it was sealed in the box. I wasn't thrilled at the time, but after sitting in deep storage for 5 years, it looks pretty good now as it still has the labels even if the box isn't right. Here's a pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Perry

S Registry #326
    58 Glockler Speedster
    62 Roadster
    73 Carrera RS #0049
    95 993 C4 3.8
    14 Cayman