Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So help me here...

So help me here...

Earlier today, there was post with a roof rack, Heuer chrono's, H4s, 911R Rainshields, etc., etc., etc.

Now the entire thread is gone.

Seemed like too much good stuff to be true??? Maybe it wasn't???

The items were selling quickly today and I was having trouble keeping up with the PM's and emails. I am taking care of the people who have bought items so far tonight and tomorrow. I will than be posting a follow up on individual parts which will be easier to help people with. My own fault, I should have just posted items seperately to avoid any miscommunication when more than 1 person wants the same item.

OK - I just thought it was VERY ODD that the ENTIRE THREAD disappeared!

Not the only one....

Had similar problem:

25 Sept - posting by same seller of 3 pairs of Marchal light covers

25 Sept - replied saying I would take 2 sets

25 Sept - got reply back saying they didn't want to split (would have helped to mention this in initial post) and offered me the three pairs

25 Sept - asked for photos, no reply

10 Oct - returned from holiday still no reply and whole "for sale" thread had disappeared (or I certainly couldn't find it)!?

10 Oct - sent pm saying I would take full set as offered even though still no photos....as of today still no reply?

If they are no longer for sale a reply would have been courteous, if they have been sold to somebody else a reply would also have been courteous.

There is probably a perfectly reasonable explanation but without being told and the thread being "pulled" you are left in the dark to assume all kinds of things. If I have read it wrong I apologise. I dislike ebay for all the scamming/misrepresentation and look to forums such as this to rise above this behaviour and provide an "enthusiasts" environment where trade of ideas and goods is conducted in an open and straight forward manner......maybe I am just too naive?!

I am a relatively new member and think the forum/Esses is excellent so don't really like one of my first posts to be so negative but you know how it is when something just gets to you...rant over!

Post Some clarification

For housekeeping purposes only, when I see a deletion of a thread by an original poster I will 'physically remove' the thread as soon as I can.... and not before.
    I not only do this for the classifieds, but for all the topics.

I feel that these negotiations are your own... and up to up you to communicate needs between each other.

I also feel it's not up to the moderator to take on the duties of an auctioneer and worn when there is a deletion by an original poster by posting "Far warning... Going once, going twice"

Having to read EVERY post is a time consuming task as it is... when I see a deletion, I eliminate it from the board...

I'm sorry but if you think there is a better way of handling this please let me know...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck:

I agree. It's up to the individuals involved. If the individuals involved are not seeing eye to eye you cannot be expected to be the mediator and/or arbitrator.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Chuck
    I totally agree, you couldn't possibly try and get involved in individual negotiations/discussions.
    I only went "public" when I saw a posting by a fellow member concerning the same issue with the same seller, I am big enough and ugly enough (definitely!) to sort my own issues. My real point is that if a posting is being removed then some sort of record would be helpful so you don't doubt your own sanity and spend ages searching for something that is no longer there. If you don't get a reply in your individual dealings with someone you draw your own conclusions and move on.......

Bantam and others -

All good points, depending on perspective. When something is offered for sale - the point is to sell it. Inquiring about a part is different than shopping to BUY a part. In the case of the Marchal covers - they sold very quickly. And at $50 a pair were a bargain.Don't cry over spilled milk. When the parts were sold the thread was removed. I don't want to get 30 emails on parts that are no longer available.

Edited for clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Bantam
    Chuck
    I totally agree, you couldn't possibly try and get involved in individual negotiations/discussions.

My real point is that if a posting is being removed then some sort of record would be helpful so you don't doubt your own sanity and spend ages searching for something that is no longer there.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by RPMClassic
    Bantam and others -

All good points, depending on perspective. When something is offered for sale - the point is to sell it. Inquiring about a part is different than shopping to BUY a part. In the case of the Marchal covers - they sold very quickly. And at $50 a pair were a bargain.Don't cry over spilled milk. When the parts were sold the thread was removed. I don't want to get 30 emails on parts that are no longer available.

As I recall - the ad in question had NO PRICING - it simply said to send you an email "if interested", which I did. I certainly wouldn't send you and email saying "I'll buy it" without knowing at least the price and condition. SEVERAL hours had gone by. Meanwhile you responded to OTHER inquiries about other items on the BBS and I hadn't heard from you - so I made a post on the thread that I had sent an email about a particular item. When I went back to see if the was a response - poof! It was all gone. No explanation. No email. No nothing. Is it any surprise that I was trying to figure out what went wrong or a little suspicious of shady dealings???