Thread: One bad-looking 914-6

One bad-looking 914-6

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Die schönste Rennstrecke der Welt. Nordschleife's Avatar

Thumbs up I agree!

I concur, Peter. Very nice in the photos, great color scheme. I seem to remember the old Sunoco Camaro (1967 or 1968 model?) driven in SVRA vintage racing events with similar livery.

If memory serves, this same 914-6 was advertised on eBay by the Seller "Porsche Planet" (or similar) out of Tucson, AZ a year or two ago? Redline Porsche Service, perhaps? I could be wrong...

Regardless, good looking car.

Best Regards,
    Andy
    1968 Porsche 911 base coupe

Just happen to come across this thread...a few weeks late.

I tried buying this car when it came for sale a few years ago...actually from a member here...think he goes by early911zoo...

At the time it had a few REAL GT parts...if memory serves...front and rear lids...and just as impossible to find double adjustable rear shocks. When it finally did sell to the current lister on eBay those had been removed and sold seperately....

Even now I recognize that there is a seat back pad that wasn't there...and the seats, which looked like some version of Scheels, have now been replaced eith standard 914 seats.

One of the main knocks on this car is that the flares are glass and I believe the motor is non #'s matching. Stong money for a bitsa?

I can safely say the the lister purchased this car for right around $22.5K in late 2004...I ended up building my own very accurate Marathon de la Route replica for at least 5x as much!!!

Wonder what his reserve is/was??

Peter

Tucson car

Andy,You are correct.Those pics on e-bay are from Tucson.I recognize the location as being at Redline and Chuck Croteau uses Porscheplanet as his ID there.Ergo,old pics. Tom
    Member:S Registry #864

914-6 gt parts removed

it appears that a lot more gt parts had been removed, the car sat in a hanger along side the car was a 2.5 ltr gt short stroke motor with 46 ida carbs & mag intakes which included race history in a 906 during late 60-early 70's. motor was instaled in an other gt with the correct gt components. chuck knows his stuff rebuilt motor and we purchased it

Another car stripped of it's best features.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

victory to the best

in the case of the 914-6 gt look alike' the parts removed as rare as they are went into other gt's that were real and not wanta be's. many gt's were striped of parts at the end of their racing life as the parts were used on other cars some of these cars are being revived by a loyal group of gt lovers.