Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PPI Jitters...pic's

PPI Jitters...pic's

So, a car I'm interested in will have it's PPI done today....
    I'm not expecting any hicups, but still makes me a bit nervous. First time buying a Porsche does that to you I guess. Hopefully I can make this come through today.
    Wish me luck.
    Some pic's....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Good luck, looks neat!!!
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

I can see its a '69. Tell us more...
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Car is from a long time enthusiast who is selling this one after 17 years.The car had some mods done.
    I'll copy some for your reading pleasure:

The paint is 18 coats of Black Deltron Polyurethane. The last 9 coats were mixed with clear with the black being diluted until the 4 or 5 last coats were strictly clear. The paint was not buffed until 18 months later.

The factory 7lb pressure fuel pump was replaced with a 70lb fuel pump, because the original 2.0 liter engine has been replaced with a’73 2.4 CIS injected motor. This motor has $11K in receipts. The 2.4 pistons were replaced with 2.7’s.

The original 901 5-speed is still in the car and shifts flawlessly. Shift linkage and clutch are new too. An external front fender oil cooler was installed(was in it's original 1969 packaging).

The 911 still has its original floor pans and trunk. The trunk has new felt grey carpets. The two 12 volt batteries were converted to one Optima dry cell.

The interior still carries the original color theme. New ivory headliner, grey loop pile carpets piped in black. All the interior panels are original black. The doorpanels have been replaced with RS Carrera leather pull strap style. I still have the original leatherette panels and all the pockets. The seats are now ’78 911SC high backs. Simpson 6 point belts are mounted on both sides with a harness bar.

The front end was replaced with ’78 911SC factory Bilstein struts, along with a 15mm sway bar and 19mm torsion bars. The rear has Bilstein sport shocks with 26mm torsion bars. The car has been professionally lowered & bumpsteered. Turbo tie-rods were installed as well.

Overall, although not all original, a very nice car from an owner who took great care of it.
    I will post when I know the final outcome.

Good looking car hope inspection goes well.
    Phil

Thanks for the details...

If all goes well get some H-1's or H-4's and replace those sugarscoop headlamps
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

I am in the Houston area (the Woodlands) and am familiar with the car. Never seen it in person but believe from the write-ups I've received from the seller that it is in great shape. He may have it out at the PCA concour in the Woodlands this coming Sunday (11/4). If so, I can take a good look at it and give you my $0.02. Anything in particular keeping you up at night?

updated 3:06 CDT
    .... I guess it is on its way for the PPI.
    -Mike
    EarlyS #1320
    '71 T/RS LWT 3.2L

Thanks for the kind replies.
    Nothing keeping me up at night, but I am excited about the whole thing. Like I said, this will be my first Porsche. It will truly be a long time dream come true if all goes well.
    So far everything has been an extremely smooth and very positive experience.
    Richemj, seems you are in the loop too, yes that is the car leaving for the PPI.

Few more hours and we'll know.
    Cheers.

Good Luck! Hope it all works out.
    -Mike
    EarlyS #1320
    '71 T/RS LWT 3.2L

I am in Houston as well. Who is doing the PPI?

Ulrich