Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rennsport III Report Thread

This event was as good as it gets! The 2 1/2 day drive down with 8-12 early cars, the Ramada parking lot every night, the R Gruppe party at Hooters (there had to be 100+ there , plus a great turnout of RG hotrods), the RG corral all weekend (thanks Zuffenhaus and boba!!), etc., etc. Oh yeah, there was a great Porsche show going on too ....

\Image removed at owner's request\

Any buyer for that one ???

Personally, I thought this year was 2 notches below the last one. 1/4 th the vendors, less cars overall, none of the 50 year of 911 displays (obviously), a lot less nice porches in the parking lot, etc...

Not saying it wasn't great, but RII was way better !

Hey that is me in #12, my 68 fac. Lightweight with the original owner's wife as my passanger. I have been to all 3 Rennsports and this was the best so far. The quality and ammount of cars was up from last time. The Redmanns were impressed as well as anyone that I spoke with. It was an absolute pleasure to meet many of you guys from the board that have been here for years. Great to shake those hands. Wish there was more time and that I was able to meet more of the guys. Would love to see some pictures. If any one has any of my cars please e mail me some Don@Porsport.com I was too busy to take any! Thanks guys.

Best,

Don

Hey, it's not just the cars (and certainly not the vendors), it's the people!

Don Ahearn is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet (and much younger than you might expect) and Phil Bagley of Klub Sport was really nice as well. I also talked with Chad McQueen, Jurgen Barth, and Bob Varsha. Everyone was super friendly.

Ray, Lars, Curt, Bob, Thorsten, Chuck and Will were my guides all weekend long. What a blast!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Guys,

From all the postings going around here and elsewhere, I'm in AWE !!

-I'm really looking forward to seeing your photos Randy !!

Thanks for taking the time to post all your experiences, everyone !
    Richard W.
    1970 E

It was a spectacular weekend.....and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The cars, the people, the weather, the venue, it was an experience to be savored and appreciated.

I've posted a few sample pictures of some of the cars there, and will follow up with more when I get it all downloaded and sorted. For now, I need some rest.

See you all at RRIV,

JZG
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

It was sensory overload at every level.

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."

Every era and group of Porsche racing history was well represented

It seemed every car there was historic

From the early efforts,