Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2.2S timing decal info wanted

2.2S timing decal info wanted

Has anyone got a picture or details on the information on the timing sticker of a European 1971 2.2S, which may well ne different from the US version.
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Hi Nick,

I have 3 different types of timing decals for the S. In case it helps here is a picture.
    The top 2 are for US produced cars, very top one for 2.4 and the next for the 2.2 model. Maybe the 3rd one is for the euro model?

Alan

Alan,

The decal Nick is after will have a '2200' in the bottom of the lhs circle.
    The third decal you have is the generic replacement part for the 2000 and 2200 motors.
    If anyone has a 2.2 S/E decal to spare,I would like one as well as Nick !

Cheers,
    Dennis.
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

Guys I have a contact in Germany that has the ability to get these made by the original manufacturer.

I have been collecting samples of NLA versions for several months to send him for reproduction.

I am interested in any samples (used) you may have toward this project including any other strange or previously unavailable Porsche decals

I am willing to pay a maginal amount toward buying the samples but not alot, since I am doing this as a favor.

It would be nice to have some new proper decals made to help with the restorations.

Thanks

ATM,

I would put my hand up for two if possible.
    I assume there are others who are as desparate for their 2.2 S decal fix as I am
    Can't attatch pics as they are too large.
    Can you pls give me your e mail address.
    I can't remember where I got the photo from but the stencil came from DarrylD on Pelican.
    TIA

Dennis.
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

If you could get decals made to match originals in colour and quality you will be overwhelmed with the response from 1965 - 1973 owners and beyond I suspect.

I'll be your agent in the Asian Pacific region if you ever get this business off the ground
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

I have now bought directly from Porsche the sticker listed in PET for the 1970/71 911E/S.

I suspect that the design below may be correct, it's the stencil came from DarrylD on Pelican via Gulf908

My original 70s has the "2200cc" in the circle as you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by rvdv
    My original 70s has the "2200cc" in the circle as you posted.
    Can you post a picture of your decal?

Dennis I sent you a PM with my e-mail although it should be available through my profile.

My contact deals directly with the OE maker in Germany. The proper 3M material is very hard to get I've tried every source in the US and come up empty.

He tells me the minimum quantity run is 100 pieces, and all I need to do is provide an original to copy.

I have a dozen different samples (mainly USA) since Euro versions are harder to get.

Any old samples would be great, I don't know about the picture thing I'll have to ask.