Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Member finds: Original Paint '67S

Member finds: Original Paint '67S

Not mine but a well-known member's. How does he do it!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW

-Allen-

Is he going to take $55k

No I guess you get a 912 for that price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...QQcmdZViewItem
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Oh, that is a fantastic car!!!!! Since it has been listed by a member, it must really be worth probably more like $150k and I am sure that it will sell real quickly for the buy it now price of $110k!!!!!!!! What an incredible price for an incredible car!!!! Hope some lucky soul jumps on this one right away!!!! Oh, how I wish I had the money!!!!

OR: alternative reply if listed by a non-member or by an evil dealer:

Are you kidding me ? $110k??? What is next? $300k for a 1973 RS? It is pricing like this that is going to restrict these cars to people with money to burn and with probably not much passion for these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1996

Are you kidding me ? $110k??? What is next? $300k for a 1973 RS? It is pricing like this that is going to restrict these cars to people with money to burn and with probably not much passion for these cars.
    Your 6 posts show you don't really have it dialed in yet. There are Esses that have sold for $110K an RSs that have sold for $300K. Don't lagh, it's reality.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

ok

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh
    Your 6 posts show you don't really have it dialed in yet. There are Esses that have sold for $110K an RSs that have sold for $300K. Don't lagh, it's reality.
    Ok, I am sure you know more than I do. I was only trying to make the point that members do not get jumped on for asking the high(but maybe justifiable) prices while dealers and so called "flippers" get raked over the coals for doing the same thing. I know that I am not part of the club here and you and others know way more than I about prices. I just feel that we all should be honest and admit that when it comes down to it, we all want the highest price that we can get for the car regardless of our feelings of "fairness" to our fellow enthusiasts.

Seems to me that Don is pricing this one for the buyer that has currency that is not in the toliet. I looked this one over at RR and it looks like a very nice condition, survivor, which of course is highly desirable.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Ok, I am sure you know more than I do. I was only trying to make the point that members do not get jumped on for asking the high(but maybe justifiable) prices while dealers and so called "flippers" get raked over the coals for doing the same thing. I know that I am not part of the club here and you and others know way more than I about prices. I just feel that we all should be honest and admit that when it comes down to it, we all want the highest price that we can get for the car regardless of our feelings of "fairness" to our fellow enthusiasts.
    Fair point.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I also agree, very valid point.

I think we all need to call Hagerty....

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik
    I think we all need to call Hagerty....
    Already did; I have upped my insured premium (per car) 10 grand a year for 3 years in a row!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389