Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1970 Porsche 911 S SoCal clean Car Great Options

FS: 1970 Porsche 911 S SoCal clean Car Great Options

I know many of you have seen this car in the past and the owner listed it for a brief time but found that he didn't have the time to deal with all the phone calls and emails. So, he asked me to help him sell the car. It is at my place so please feel free to contact me with questions or if you want to look at it.

Thanks.

Paul

1970 Porsche 911 S

VIN # 9110300683
    11,151 miles on odometer (rolled over)
    Certificate of Authenticity
    Black on black leatherette
    5-speed 901 gearbox
    Clean and Clear California title
    Straight car.

Offered at $58,990

This is a great example of a very clean and well documented example. This car has been in the same family for 20 years. The current owner is a very well known and respected Early S Registry and R Gruppe member. Everything he owns is very nice. He never cuts any corners when restoring a car.

Unfortunately, with his growing collection, this car doesn’t get driven very much any more and needs to go to a new and deserving home.

The original color of the car was Irish Green. It had a complete bare metal repaint about 5 years ago. We have all the photos from the extensive (10 month) paint job. Everything was stripped and replaced new. Autos International redid the interior with new perlon carpet, door pockets, headliner, and factory Recaro sport seats with the basket weave inserts. The dash is in fantastic condition with zero cracks or warping and the original 8-track tape deck works like new.

This car also is equipped with some very tasty features including: Factory sport seats Original 911 R Fuchs in the rear and Factory deep 6’s in the front. Original aluminum decklid Reproduction aluminum license plate panel Fiberglass front S bumper Rear seat delete shelf (we also have the original rear seats) Electric windows Rare European drivers door handle. 3M Clear Bra

Andial and Scott’s Independent (two of the most respected Porsche repair facilities in SoCal) have been maintaining this car for the last 5 years. Recently a compression check was done and it passed with flying colors (98% all the way around). The original engine block unfortunately developed a crack that was repaired several times with no success. We have the original block and it is included with the sale of the vehicle. The 2.2 MFI Block (number 6301581) and 901 transmission from the owner’s other 1970 911 S was transplanted into this one a couple of years ago. The engine number is only about 900 numbers off of the original number. The motor has about 4,000 miles on it since it was purchased in the other car. The previous owner claimed to have resealed the motor prior to selling the car.

The MFI pump was rebuilt by Gus. Dave Aase supplied the following: Bosch Australian alternator, single Optima battery, Pertronix ignition, 28 brass row front oil cooler, SSI Custom stainless steel muffler, Aluminum trailer arms, and S Alloy brakes. Andial installed the cross drilled rotors, the front strut brace and corner balanced the car. Other services performed were new clutch, pressure plate, disc, throw-out bearing, cable and the mainshaft drive seals.

About 200 miles ago Dieter I. (of Andial fame) did a tune up, valve adjustment, changed oil and fuel filters, brake flush, and installed a new turn signal switch indicator. Dieter, being a perfectionist, did state that the throttle bodies were a bit worn, resulting in a 1,200 rpm idle. However, other than the high idle, the car drives great and revs fine. Also, a few typical oil leaks (no surprise for an early 911)…less thank 4 drops over a few weeks.

The pan on the car is solid. No rust on any suspension points, jack supports, door jambs, etc. No surprises here. The only rust is on the top layer of metal on the gas tank support (2” hole). The bottom layer is solid and it hasn’t changed in the past 6 years (see photo).

Included with the car are the original block, rear seats, and all service records/manuals.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Paul at 714-668-0345 or paul@autokennel.com
    For tons of photos, go to: www.AutoKennel.com

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)
    1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)
    1984 Porsche 928S (Hindenburg)
    1986/1973 Backdated 911 Coupe (R Gruppe/La Tortuga)
    1987 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo
    1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    1999 BMW M Coupe (Race soon to be Rally)
    2003 Jaguar S-Type R Supercharged (family hauler/rain car)
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3
    2005 Chevy Express 16-passenger van (for hauling everything else)

http://www.autokennel.com

pretty steep price for a non-matching numbers, non-original color car with some minor rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter Paul
    pretty steep price for a non-matching numbers, non-original color car with some minor rust.

The "perfect" version of this car is available (not the same color) from someone I know, but it's $80K.... let me know if you want an introduction to the owner.

regards,
    Eric

appologies

Sorry Erik, I have no right to critisize your car. i was is a bad mood, tough day. Plus: the market is always right. Good luck with the sale. Pieter Paul

Not my car, but I only said what I did to point out that the value of a "perfect" car is going to be much higher.

I will say though... I have seen this car, and it is "extremely" nice.....!

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik
    Not my car, but I only said what I did to point out that the value of a "perfect" car is going to be much higher.

I will say though... I have seen this car, and it is "extremely" nice.....!

Eric
    I agree with Eric, I have know the car and the owner for over 6 years, and this is a great car for the right person. All of his cars are done RIGHT. Yes, it is a color change, but it was done right. Knowing that you have the original block, even though it was cracked, still adds value to the car. Anyone who buys this car will not be disappointed. Just my 2 cents
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

I guess it's time to show this thread to my insurance agent so I can get my policies upped on my '70ssssss.

#0542 - Silver, sunroof, back, sport seats, matching numbers, no rust
    (bought through a misleading broker from the scumbags @ Classic Showcase)

#0927 - Metallic Blue, Sunroof, Tan, sport seats, all records from day 1
    Swiss car, Matching numbers, no rust, runs like no other "2.2S" I've driven.
    (purchased from Marco Marinello @ eleven parts)

#11o6 - Yellow, Sunroof, black, sport seats, motor out, very little rust but needs restoration
    At the time, I thought I had paid too much @ 28k
    (bought on ebay in Kentucky)

I need a fourth 2.2S ( 4 boys) and I don't know if it's realistic any more

This spring, I had my policies upped to 50k a piece on these damn things.

What should I tell them now?

Chuck

Hagerty

My cars are Hagerty insured. My 1971 911S is insured for $100K.
    Howard Lazarus
    Early S Registry #357
    RGruppe #181
    1971 911S Conda Green, Factory Airport Gears
    1972 Corsican Rose Love Fest

where did you get the 100k appraisal that haggerty would require? I tried to up my e from 45 to 60 and they said it was outside their value range and would need an appraisal. I would blow their minds with 100k.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

It was easy!

I just told them that I had a low mile original car with a rare factory option that was in excellent condition, stored at my personal residence, and that it was not used as my daily driver. The car is now insured for an agreed value of $100K. Give 'em a call.
    Howard Lazarus
    Early S Registry #357
    RGruppe #181
    1971 911S Conda Green, Factory Airport Gears
    1972 Corsican Rose Love Fest