Some of you already know my sad story. Traveling to Rennsport III, I made it to Charleston, SC without a problem, shared a beer with the group and went up to my room. Came down 20 minutes later to find my car across the parking lot with the rear under the bumper of a Ford F150. Why? No reason except tiredness and leaving a car with a line lock instead of a parking brake on a slope without chocking the wheel.

The Ford's bumper was high enough to miss my bumper and the car slid under the truck buckling the right rear quarter panel and denting and twisting my alloy deck lid. I have a great person here for body work, but his advice was to find a new deck lid.

The car is the second long wheel base 911S Targa made: VIN 0002. Rod and Gary Emory rebuilt her as a lightweight tourer with a soft rear window, removable Targa bar and tons of tricks. I love this car and many of you who have seen her have said nice things about her. It really hurt to show Rod and Gary what I did to my car when I saw them at Rennsport.

So, is there anyone out there who would be willing to sell me an alloy deck lid? Do I expect a great deal because of my sad story? No way. I'll pay what you ask, and you know how much I need one. I do hope that my story might persuade one of you with an alloy deck lid in the atic over the garage to part with it. I'll owe you, and I always try to pay my debts.

I tried to attach before and after pictures.

Take good care,
Alan