Thread: Early 911 and paintless dent removal.

Early 911 and paintless dent removal.

While I have the interior door panels off on my 70T for the door stop refresh I thought I'd take the car to one of those dent doctor places to have a few dings rubbed out. But as I look at the interior of the door panel there seems to be a sound pad and a large horizontal bar (side crash protection?) about halfway up welded across the door frame.

So it doesn't look possible to me to get a tool to the backside of the exterior skin.

Ulrich

It is possible to snake a flat tool behind the side bar. I don't think the door skin is tack welded to the bar. It just depends on where the ding is. I had one removed but he could not get the second one. Oh well...
    Those guys are magicians. Take it to one for his opinion before giving up.

Daron

dents

They can also glue a rod on and pull the dent

My experience with Long Hoods..

actually SWBs, a '68 and '67 was not that good,

I had an all orginal paint (yes it really was!) Sand Beige '68 that had LA earthquake damage. I had a maestro paintless guy try some...really, this guy is GOOD, but he couldn't get one of the dents, the paint started to crack.

And then, on my current '67 Polo Red, there was a dent near the front of the drivers door. Couln't do it, even took the door off, too close to the edge.

Depending on the location, however, miracles are possible..can save a ton of money when it works and you don't have to match paint, etc..

-Allen-

"I had an all orginal paint (yes it really was!) Sand Beige '68 that had LA earthquake damage. I had a maestro paintless guy try some...really, this guy is GOOD, but he couldn't get one of the dents, the paint started to crack."

This is my big concern as well. I've got an original paint '67 Beetle, and I'm worried about the paint cracking. I'm told that they tend to heat the metal with lamps prior to working the area.

John