Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FA: '68 Recaro Sport Seats

FA: '68 Recaro Sport Seats

I've got these sport seats that came with my 70S for sale - they are in really nice shape and look to have the original vinyl covers on them. I was going to keep them in my 70, but they are the 68 version.
    - They are both drivers sides (as all 68 ones were I believe)
    - Great perforated sides / basket weave insert
    - No cracks, splits, tears on the front of the seats - some very small tears on the back of the seat bases (small kids in rear jump seats or stuff stored behind seats?)
    - They have the early seat rail setup where the for/aft adjsutment lever is through the front of the seat, not on the base.
    - No lower rails or bases - they were 'custom' mounted in my 70 via lots of welding to the lower rail (still in car)

Looking for $2400 OBO each + shipping
    Yes, you can buy cheaper, but I've seen other clapped out core seats going for $1,000+. These look to be very nice originals.

** I will be adding some more pics tomorrow - the ones I took earlier are pretty blurry and spotty **

Regards,
    Andrew M
    Attached Images Attached Images

Andrew,

Very Interested, anyone (Eric for example) know if the bases are easy to find?

Would you be interested in a trade for 72 sport seats (they might be the same as the 70 seats) in similar shape?

That is if the bases are not unobtainium.

Thanks

Henry
    Henry

The bases are very hard to find...

However, Henry, I do confess, I've also contacted the seller.

-Allen-

The bottom brackets are unobtanium....but probably can be fabricated easier than the 69 to 73 style. More important, the bottom slider is not on these seats, and that's even more difficult than the bottom bracket. I know a workaround.....the buyer can contact me for information.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by andrew15
    I've got these sport seats that came with my 70S for sale - they are in really nice shape and look to have the original vinyl covers on them. I was going to keep them in my 70, but they are the 68 version.
    - No cracks, splits, tears on the front of the seats - some very small tears on the back of the seat bases (small kids in rear jump seats or stuff stored behind seats?)
    - They have the early seat rail setup where the for/aft adjsutment lever is through the front of the seat, not on the base.
    - No lower rails or bases - they were 'custom' mounted in my 70 via lots of welding to the lower rail (still in car)

Yes, you can buy cheaper, but I've seen other clapped out core seats going for $1,000+. These look to be very nice originals.

** I will be adding some more pics tomorrow - the ones I took earlier are pretty blurry and spotty **

Regards,
    Andrew M
    Please post a few photos of these seats, so those of us who just like to understand the different variations can get an idea of what made the 68 seats different. Thank you.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by andrew15

Regards,
    Andrew M
    Andrew.... those are awfully NICE OE seats!!!

Here's a pic of the tilt bases and sliders needed.
    Eric

Eric,
    I have a question for you on early sport seats. I have a pair of the Recaro Standard 1971-1974 after-market seats (circled on the attached picture). They both have the top part of the slider, but the dimensions are for a 67-68 S sport seat bracket size.

What modifications do I need to make in order for these seats to work? I would like to know how best to mount these seats in a '70s car without destroying the '70 original sport seat bracket.

They are very cool seats because they have the large bolsters on the sides. But, I still need to find the headrests.

Andrew, sorry for jumping in on the thread. . . consider it a bump.
    Thanks,
    --mike

Here are some additional pictures that a number of people requested:

68 Sport Seats

I think I have a set of the bases for anyone who is interested.
    50/50

68 sport seats

I was under the impression that 68 sport seats did not have head rests. I need to confir with swbsam . the headrests were maybe an option here ? your seats are very nice... I have a pair w/bases. mine are from a Euro 68' and they have headrest delete. great info piece Andrew !!
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L