Thread: Feeler: '67 911S Coupe

Feeler: '67 911S Coupe

1967 911S Coupe non-sunroof.
    Chassis: 308323S
    Eng: 960289
    Trans: ??????

Raced since 1978 at places like Riverside, Palmsprings, and Del Mar. VARA logbook.

Engine: 2.0S with unknown miles. PO stated that there was a little portwork on the heads. Webers with stock internals.

Trans: Not sure what ratios are in the 901 right now.

Suspension: Larger torsion bars but unknown size. Bilstien inserts in Koni struts up front. Bilstiens in rear. Stock Swaybars. Stock '67 S brakes.

Chassis: It's had the front pan replaced at one time. The rest of the chassis looks pretty dry. Front fenders have some rust bubbling around the wheel lips and next to the cowl. I see bubbles on the lower part of the rear window also. I don't know the extent of the cancer as it has a cheep black paintjob on it.

Interior: Newish gray wool carpet done at Autos International. Sheel Sport seats? Original dash with speaker holes, cracks but not hedious to look at. Autopower rollbar.

This car had been sitting in storage untill last year when I bought it. I changed the fluids, fresh battery, tires (205/50/15 NT-01) and won my auto-x class with it. Faster that a '67S one class above driven by a guy who has been racing it since '67. Not bad. I took the car to WSIR Nov '06 for a track weekend and that is the last time I've had time to play with it.

Why would I sell it:
    I've changed job positions and I've on travel 2-3 weeks out of every month now. I just do not have the time to tear it down and begin resto-modification like I had planned.

My options are:

1) Keep it and work on it when I can. It make take 10 years to finish it at this pace.

2) Drop it off at a shop and start burning cubic dollars in the hope that it will be finished sooner.

3) Let it go to a like minded person who will continue racing it and keep it as a racecar.

Parts/Extras:
    Stock SWB Quarterpanels
    Stock SWB Rear Bumpers
    6/7X15 Fuchs w/205/50/15 Nitto NT-01 DOT
    7x15 ATS w/8.0x23.0x15 Goodyear Slicks
    6x15 ATS bare
    Org Hood w/dent
    Org '67 gastank with nastyness
    Org '67 Fuel sender top w/correct date code

I have also collected other goodies that I intended to put on the car. This can be a package deal with the car (everything above). I will not sell any of this before the car goes so don't call dibs please.

Fiberglass
    911R front fenders
    911R front bumper
    911R rear bumper
    911R doors w/hinges
    911R decklid
    911R hood
    911R front parking lights

23/31mm torsion bars
    A-arm bushings delrin
    Swingarm bushings delrin
    Monoball inner swingarm bushings
    Smart Racing front swaybar
    Bilstein struts w/S-Caliper mounts
    Aluminum front crossmember

Hardlines for front cooler

European Racing Headers for 2.0

2.8 RSR+ longblock (dissasembled for inspection)
    Aluminum case w/mods by Ollies
    Knife edged crank balanced rotating assy by Ollies
    3.2 oilpump
    JE Pistons
    Ported and twinplugged heads by Ollies
    296 cams

Made 260hp at the wheels with Electromotive injection/ignition

Please feel free to e-mail or PM me questions or give me a call on the phone. I have attempted to post everything I know to be true and correct in regards to this car, so please, if you feel I've stated something wrong, please let me know.

I will take more detailed shots when I get home today.

If I don't get back to you right away it's most likey that I'm on travel.

Komarom Hungary Dec 3-8
    Shenzen China Dec 10-14

Allan
    Torsion Bar Impaired... again.

Sure looks fun. Price will be the key point; I guarantee you'd find a willing buyer at the right price. I think this car will be harder to sell as a package with parts than for the car alone with original engine, etc.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh
    I think this car will be harder to sell as a package with parts than for the car alone with original engine, etc.
    Very true. Not everybody wants a 1800lb 911S with 300hp. They should, but in reality this would be a nice little 160hp all steel bodied stockish car to run HSR or VARA with.

I have yet to set a price at this point mainly out of fear.
    Torsion Bar Impaired... again.