Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: picked up my 67S today!

picked up my 67S today!

After a long and agonizing wait, today I finally went to the harbor of Rotterdam to pick up my 67S, which some of you may know as Tom Tweed's car ( http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...d.php?t=16682). Tom gave a very extensive and accurate description of the car, but it's still a thrill to finally see it for real. Needless to say, it was a pleasant surprise!
    Tom has been a real gentleman to deal with, straitforward and honest. The car is a beauty and came across the pond without a scratch. All spare parts were carefully wrapped and stuffed in the car, he even tossed in a great "2.0 engine" T-shirt. Thanks Tom! See you in a few weeks.
    Here's a few pics of me and my son loading and unloading our new toy.
    Arjen Bosman
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    early s registry #661
    r-gruppe # 604

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

67s

Geweldig, hopelijk kan ik 'm aanschouwen morgen.

groet,

Cees

Congratulations, great looking car!
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

Lucky you Arjen! What are your plans with the car if any?

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

I bought it to use in historic rallies, and for the occasional day/weekend trip. But it is such a nice, solid, original car that it's almost a shame to use it for rallies. So my plans have changed, the 67S will be for the weekend trips, and I have bought a '73 RS clone to use for the rallies. The clone is still in the US, about to be shipped to Holland. The engine in the clone is of questionable quality, so I also bought Mike Moore's 3.0 MFI engine to put in the clone! (thanks mike!) Yes, my budget is drained for the rest of the year, but I think I will have a lot of fun next spring time when the Porsches are ready to hit the road!
    Here's a picture of the clone,
    regards,
    Arjen
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    early s registry #661
    r-gruppe # 604

Quote Originally Posted by bosman
    Thanks Tom!
    You're welcome, Arjen. I am happy that the car went to a sympathetic owner who will care for it and use it well. Looking forward to your visit to this side of the pond.

TT
    ps-I didn't know you were in the market for another RS clone--you could have bought mine in a package deal! It's fully developed mechanically with a hot 3.4, rebuilt 915 w/Quaife, beefed-up suspension, and just needs final paint work, which would have allowed you to have any color you wanted...The red one looks nice, though.
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Well Tom, I wasn't really in the market for another car. But than I happened upon this RS clone, I liked it, I had me hesitations about using the 67S for rallies, and I just had to buy it. Luckily, I have a large garage and a very understanding wife! ;-)
    arjen
    early s registry #661
    r-gruppe # 604

Make sure and keep that California blue plate!...if the car ever makes it back to California, the owner would love to have it!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Rally Ho!

VERY nice cars! We look forward to seeing you in the Three Castles Rally in Northern Wales in early June! It's fantastic!

http://www.three-castles.co.uk/11/we...ef=11&page=290

Good lord, I innocently open this thread and upon reading all I can say is that I am jealous.

Great choice on the Porsches, exactly the two I would buy if I could. My only revenge is it looks colder where you live.

I got a feeling that your son will own that '67 one day -- you have cursed him for life!
    SCOTT