Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolf Motor Sports 69S Coupe & 67S Softie

Wolf Motor Sports 69S Coupe & 67S Softie

I found these ads on TheSamba.com

A 69S Coupe [Ad number: 497708] and a 67s Softie [Ad number: 503327] both cars are being offered for sale by Wolf Motors Sports in Escondido, California.

Is there a story behind these cars or the establishment. The softie really captures my imagination. http://www.wolfmotorsports.com/

Sorry I couldn't post the threads.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

I looked at them earlier today. No specs or detailed pics, just a video.
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

I've had dealings with them and suggest if you are really interested get a PPI.
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

I can throw a rock and hit that place from my house. Lemme know if you want me to pay a visit.

BTW: I have a nice little '67S for sale for about half that.
    Torsion Bar Impaired... again.

Quote Originally Posted by joegt3cup
    I've had dealings with them and suggest if you are really interested get a PPI.
    Thanks exactly what I was looking for.

"I can throw a rock and hit that place from my house. Lemme know if you want me to pay a visit."

Thanks Flatsix. I might take you up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke A. Marano
    Thanks exactly what I was looking for.

"I can throw a rock and hit that place from my house. Lemme know if you want me to pay a visit."

Thanks Flatsix. I might take you up on that.
    I have seen both cars in person. The 67S does have matching motor and trans per COA. I was able to see the car on a lift. The car needs a lot of work to be right. The sport seats are not the original low backs. Interior redone not correctly. There are rust issues in many places on the car. Because the car is a real Softie, and has matching numbers, it should be COMPLETEY redone. The engine did seem to run well, however I did not drive the car. The paint is REAL rough all over. It does not have the original fuchs, but instead 14". So, figure another 4-5K (4.5x15) for those. A complete PPI is a must on this car. The 69S was also a driver, I did not spend as much time with this car as the 67S. Hope this helps.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Quote Originally Posted by Eade Hopkinson
    I have seen both cars in person. The 67S does have matching motor and trans per COA. I was able to see the car on a lift. The car needs a lot of work to be right. The sport seats are not the original low backs. Interior redone not correctly. There are rust issues in many places on the car. Because the car is a real Softie, and has matching numbers, it should be COMPLETEY redone. The engine did seem to run well, however I did not drive the car. The paint is REAL rough all over. It does not have the original fuchs, but instead 14". So, figure another 4-5K (4.5x15) for those. A complete PPI is a must on this car. The 69S was also a driver, I did not spend as much time with this car as the 67S. Hope this helps.
    Thank you that does help.

What it says to me is with the amount of work it needs [proper Sport seats and interior restoration, wheels, body restoration [major cha$$ching]]and wolf's asking of $60kish, I would have been better off buying your softie earlier this year!
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Luke A. Marano
    Thank you that does help.

What it says to me is with the amount of work it needs [proper Sport seats and interior restoration, wheels, body restoration [major cha$$ching]]and wolf's asking of $60kish, I would have been better off buying your softie earlier this year!
    Luke
    Yes, that would be a true statement. I was thinking I would be at least $50k to 60K into a correct restoration, and he seems pretty set on getting at least $55 for the car. Soooooo, yep, you would be in the 100-110K range when done. If I could have bought the car for 25K, maybe 30K, I might have pulled the trigger. With that said, they are still very rare cars, and do deserve to be restored.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Softie is on the way to Oregon

Hi, I am new and this is my first post. I know this is a reply to a post that is kinda old, but I just couldn't resist, since I just bought the 67 Soft Window S from Eric at Wolf Motorsports two days ago. I found this forum yesterday and joined today, only to find that some of you guys had checked out my new car!

It passed the PPI with approximately $2000 in this and that minor stuff to do. It obviously needs a paint job, too. The underside rust has been addressed appropriately according to Tim Ball, who I had do the PPI. There are a few rust issues that one would deal with at the time of paint prep, like in the front bumper area, according to Tim.

The sport seats are not correct, according to the Cert. If I like sitting in them they will stay, but if not, I might be in the market to swap them out for correct seats. It needs a carpet kit, but I am curious about the previous poster stating that the interior had been re-done incorrectly? Was there anything else incorrect that the PPI missed?

Anyway, I look forward to working on my new baby and bringing her up to show and shine winner levels once my bank account recovers. Anybody in Portland that wants to meet up for a beer, send me an email at speedyellowster@gmail.com.

Cheers to all - Brad Larson

Congrats Brad,

Welcome to the board...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter