Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question on 1972 T Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by mark1996
    Would you guys make fun of me if I paid around $67K for the red car at Road Scholars?
    Of course not! But just to be safe don't tell us price if you pull the trigger.

Update: I see the yellow T is up to 51K with a couple of days left and Jim's old SO T is priced at 125K now. Guess I don't know 'jack' about market prices.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by tfmcmahon
    But it`s only a targa.
    Believe it or not, there are more than a few people who prefer a targa to a coupe and will pay more for it. I have had both and like 'em both. Both the coupe and targa offer the same straight line performance albeit a little less firmness in tight turns at higher speeds. But nothing sucks more than being in a nice warm balmy southern climate stuck inside a hot sticky vinyl coupe without a/c, when you can simply pop your top and enjoy the sun shining down on you and the warm breeze in your hair with a targa.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Targasaurus Rex
    Attached Images Attached Images

chuckie

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller
    I got this from David about 3 weeks ago.....
    Then with all the 'dealer' buzz going on I thought the timing was a bit off

These are his words... I have no interist in the car

I do have a full set of pics... but in bip. ...I'll send them out on request
    chuck, you're always pimping his rides
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Targasaurus

That is a good looking machine! My comment was tongue in cheek.I agree on the open top advantage.I had the car in Tucson for years and was perfect for that environment.Here are two more T coupes,but I do not know the pricing.I know who used to own the black one.If you call,I would want to be sitting when asking pricing. http://www.carreramotorsport.com/for_sale.htme.
    Member:S Registry #864

Why can't these nice cars be located where I am in Seattle???? The 1972 black/tan coupe with sports seats at Carreramotorsports looks nice. Does anyone know anything about either of the coupes at this dealer?

The asking price on the black/tan coupe was $100k a few weeks ago from the previous owner and Carrera bought it from him so it will be pricey. A stunning, no issues car though from what I gathered a few owners back. Never saw it in person though I am an hour away from it now if anyone gets serious.

Daron

that is a nice one. I don't see a price did you call on it?
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

I e mailed the dealership. I am afraid to call on it: someone at the dealership will begin roping me in.

All kidding aside, if it is not outrageously priced(it will be), I may take Daron up on his offer to take a look at it in person.

Black "T"

That car belonged to a former PCA president who I spoke to when it was for sale about 3-4 years ago at about $26K.It has had some paint after it had a mishap on delivery,if I remember correctly,so it is not all original paint,but very nice.If there is someone on the board seriously looking at it,John Paterek had it in his shop when I was considering it and he would have some perspective as well.
    Member:S Registry #864

Quote Originally Posted by tfmcmahon
    A Board member had it up in Wisconsin. I spoke to him too.Where was our crystal ball,Tom? It was 25K,so I bought my 71 Targa instead.My second choice was not bad either. But it`s only a targa.Refered to on the west coast as a parts car! TFM

Tom:

One in the same! When I find the photos I'll scan them in and post them.
    Hindsight is always 20/20 and I'm no worse for wear and have had a lot of neat experiences "jumping from one rock to the next".
    I like bikes too and that causes a bit of a problem with "focus". The upside is that a 2 car garage will hold 10 plus bikes with room to spare!

Best regards,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111