Thread: 5 amp bullet fuses

5 amp bullet fuses

Decided to change out the fuses in the 73 today and went to two different autoparts stores but neither carried the 5 amp fuses. So I figured I'd just get them from Pelican but they don't list them either.

Can any body point me to a source for these?
    '73 914 2.0
    '74 911 Coupe
    '74 911 Targa
    '78 924
    '84 944
    '86 944 Turbo
    '88 930S M505 (current)
    '96 993 Coupe (current)
    '73 911T (MFI) (current)

'84 944 (current)
    Early 911S Registry #1030

I think your going to be hard pressed to find 5amp GBC fuses. I would just go with the 8 amp fuses. I did a couple searches on the web and came up with a few places offering the 5 amp GBC fuse. You might try a local shop that deals with German cars specially BMW they used them for quite a while so did VW, & Mercedes-Benz
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

I got lucky and managed to buy up a few 5 amp fuses a couple years ago, but the Porsche mechanics all told me 8 amp will work fine in their place. The 5 amp is a yellow fuse if I'm not mistaken. The previous owner of my car had all the wrong fuses in all the wrong places...I'm surprised he didn't have huge problems electrically.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Quote Originally Posted by sithot
    ONLY if it were British.

Tom
    This reminds me of one of my favorite jokes...

Why do the British drink warm beer?

Cause Lucas builds there refrigirators..
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe