Thread: 67s Restoration

Question 67s Restoration

I have a 67S that I have been taking apart and in the next few weeks will have it to the point where it will be ready to go to a body shop for metal work. The whole floor pan, rear parcel shelf, rockers, are all shot and need replaced. All have major holes in them Front end looks ok so far, but that is what I have left to take apart. I have not pulled the front fenders off yet, but since they have rust, I expect rust underneath.

I am looking for a shop in South or Central PA, Northern VA, Western VA or West Virginia, Baltimore or Western Maryland area. I am looking to make a good driver out of this, not a 300 point show car. Nor am I looking for a $150K resto, don't have that kind of cash now or in the future anyway. I have no plans on selling the car as it will be a family keeper. Engine and tranny are being rebuilt to factory spec.

Anyway, any ideas on a good, reasonable shop to do this kind of work? Thanks for your thoughts.

Mark
    Mark Wilson
    67 911S Polo Red, for now.
    307465S
    Way over my head so now at Europa Macchina for Restoration, slow and steady.

67 S restoration

May I suggest Dennis Frick at 717-932-6600 in Lewisberry Pa. just south of Harrisburgh. They have done the 901 and 902 prototypes. No, they're not cheap, no one who can do that kind of work correctly will be, but I still suggest you contact them and see where it goes.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Smile 67S restoration

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give them a call. That is also reasonably close to where I live out here in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia.

Thanks Ed, I appreciate it.

Mark
    Mark Wilson
    307465S

West Virginia --- Porsche
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

you may want to check out these guys, Karosserie .Tthe owner has a 67S that he restored, they are very well known in 356 circles. They are doing my 68 "R", and my Speedster. Their shop is in Fairfax. Ask for louis

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3n6qk/k...ltd/index.html
    Rob Abbott

Talking 67 S

West Virginia, Maryland and Virginia border. All the conveniences without all the taxes. Which allows for that porsche.......

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03
    West Virginia --- Porsche
    Mark Wilson
    307465S

67S Restoration

Yes Louis is on my list too. Talked to him at a swap meet a couple of months ago. just was not ready at the time.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by super9064
    you may want to check out these guys, Karosserie .Tthe owner has a 67S that he restored, they are very well known in 356 circles. They are doing my 68 "R", and my Speedster. Their shop is in Fairfax. Ask for louis

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3n6qk/k...ltd/index.html
    Mark Wilson
    307465S