Thread: Seat Suggestions Appreciated

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!

Seat Suggestions Appreciated

So after selling my 914/3.2 track car, it's time to put my 911E back on the track and installing a harness bar. Is there a period correct replica seat that works with 5-point harnesses, that puts my butt lower, giving me more headroom, than my vintageseats.com RS replica seat? I'm 5'10". Otherwise I'll probably go with a modern race seat. Thanks in advance.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

period looking seats

Hi Sandy,
    All our new seats have the option for the 5or 6 point harness, lap belt in the seat cushion, waistbelt openings in the seat frame and bolsters and most important a shoulder belt guide ( Trips-device )to route these belts as well, that is detachable for the time you are not on the track.
    However all our seats are steel tube frame seats and so far we haven't filled for an FIA approval.
    The Rallye and the Avus have a high back to give you the right support for the headrests and a lowered seating position,the Sebring,Nurburgring and Trans Am can be mounted lower into the car itself.
    However the Nurburgring is not the seat with the most laderal support.
    with regards and wishes for a great 2008
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Thanks, Stefan. I've decided to go with a modern one-piece race seat for the drivers side, something that's HANS friendly. But I am considering one of your RSR seats for the passenger side. Can you build one with a center hole for a 5-point harness sub-strap? Does your tilting bracket work with it? Thanks.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

RSR with lap belt holes.

Hi Sandy,
    Yes I can make one with that lap belt and the waist belt holes.
    Just give me some time...I have to catch up with all orders due to a handinjury...not the best in my business....
    Happy New Year
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Thanks, Stefan. Don't do anything on my account just yet. I'm still weighing all my options. Hope your hand heals quickly. Happy new year!
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E