Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replica vintage racing parts...who wants 'em?...

Replica vintage racing parts...who wants 'em?...

Hi -
    I'm tyring to get a feel for those out there wanting their racey early 911s to be more "period correct" but don't have desire to spend the cubic dollars on the real parts. I'm talking about parts like hi-butterfly MFI throttle bodies, slide valves, brake calipers , RSR sway bars, or anything else that you can't get. I have a small manufacturing company and a deep passion for vintage 911s and I am looking for ideas that could cost-effectively make these cars even more fun. So, what parts do you want and would be a reasonable price point?

We are already working on a replica 935 brake caliper. We chose it over the 917/RSR series calipers becuase it is the best version of all to this basic desig. The 935 caliper is basically a monoblock version of the previous designs but WAAAYYY stronger without adding weight.

Below is a pic of the model that we will machine these calipers from solid billet 7075 aluminum with black hard anodize finish. We shrunk it down from its original size so it will fit where normal 930 calipers fit (it's identical in every critical dimension) and will use 930 seals and pads. We will be offering this caliper in sets or by the axle with stainless steel pistons or upgrade to titanium.

We are machining the first batch of calipers now and hope to have them ready for shipment by February time. I will post prices by the end of the week but they will probably be around $2,200/axle.

Thanks,
    Marc
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice calipers. The MFI stuff would be great. I think you could sell quite a bit. -Scott

I think you could sell a few of those calipers at that price point as well. The 930 calipers have gotten tough to find. Love to see a completed caliper.
    Phil

please keep me informed of your progress with the calipers.
    Mike
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

Anyone who could produce decent copies of 9 and 11" x 15 Fuchs wheels would have the market to themselves.....
    Early 911S Registry #888

Another great idea that came to us from a nice member of this board is replica early S calipers. We hadn't previously considered it but would be happy to if there seemed to be enough interest. We'd make them in the same manner as the mentioned 935 calipers, be exact duplicates, supply them complete with stainless pistons or titanium upgrades and could offer different finishes.

Feedback, please.

BTW, I've fitted S calipers to short wheelbase trailing arms, if anyone is interested in that?? It stays located in the same position and fit inside of an A/R Torq-Thrust wheel (haven't tried a Fuchs on it yet). I make an adapter bracket and have to modify the arm to make it all work, so I would offer this as a service to anyone interested. Send me your arms and calipers (if you already have them) and I'll get them mounted. I've got about 20 racing hours in these with no issues.

Thanks, Marc

Here's a couple shots of a car I built last year for a client showing S calipers front and rear. I did not have original S mounting plates for the front so I had to machine those, too. I can also make the mounting plates available.

We also had to modify/fabricate the pedal assembly for double master cylinders with adjustable bias. The thing stops really well!!

Notice the tie-rods? In keeping in period of the short wheel base racers, we made our own tie-rods with heim joints on both ends and kept the factory yoke on the steering rack.

Thanks, Marc

Very nice Marc !
    We have the 3,0 RSR replica calipers and hats available,we have measured calipers distortion it's about 0,01,think that 930 are about 0,20...
    #rennfrog

Accurate sway bars and the associated hardware would be great!......I could have used a couple sets over the last few years.......
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Sport Muffler

How about a period correct sport muffler that fits perfectly and is lightweight?

Many of the aftermarket mufflers currently available have fitment issues and they usually weigh more than the stock muffler.

You can make the 2 and 3 outlet versions (twin pipe or rallye versions). Offer mild steel and stainless steel at different price points.

Check out this link among others.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...=sport+muffler

Thanks,
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167