Thread: FS: Highly modified 1973 911E

FS: Highly modified 1973 911E

The car is SOLD. Thanks for all the interest!

Thinking of building your own RS-look car? Save yourself some time and money and buy mine. A new acquisition forces me to offer my '73 street/track car for sale. It is very solid, very fast, and needs only final bodywork and paint to complete.

The short story: I bought this 1973 911E from forum member RussianBlue (Alex) 7 years ago when he was living in Texas. I have spent about $50K on the car developing it over the years into a potent, street-legal, track-oriented machine with RS flares, a built 3.4-liter engine, rebuilt and strengthened 915 w/ LSD, stiffened but streetable suspension and safety equipment. I will sell it for $34,000. Put $10K in a paint job and you will have one helluva longhood and be many dollars and hours ahead.

Pics and the whole story on my website here.

Thx,
    TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

73 E

Tom: I am very interested in your E. Please give me a call to discuss it. 562-618-4826. Thanks, Tom Ridings

Having bought Tom's 67S recently, I can personally testify that Tom is a very honest and straightforward guy, and a pleasure to deal with. While there, I have seen the RS-clone and it is nice...........
    Arjen
    early s registry #661
    r-gruppe # 604

Actually what makes the car extremely valuable is that it was owned by me - how can anyone put a value on that?

Tom has made me truly proud with the care and use of this car - great buy!

I owned the car for 10 years - it was my first 911.

I bought it from an enthusiast as well, the car had a pulled head stud 2.8 at the time!

I'd buy it back if I had the spare cash.... in a heartbeat

Well seeing that it was Alex's car, that does put a premium on the car

This is pretty much an ideal car (IMHO), where the only choice left to the purchaser is color (Conda Green or Aga Blue or one of the Slate Greys or a nice rich Ivory would be at the top of my list -- long list eh!)

Best of luck Tom. And you answer pretty much all the questions in your ad. Kudo's.

Karl.

Now i'm off to buy that lottery ticket
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Thanks for the positive comments, guys. I uploaded all the pics I took the other day to build the web page to a Photobucket album for viewing. Go here if you want to view them.

I have lots of spare parts to sweeten the deal. The cage could be swapped with a rollbar, if that would be better for you. The stock steering wheel is included, plus the RS graphics to finish, some rubber trim, the old rocker trim, a set of Pagid Orange pads for the track, a pair of perfect 951 8x16" Fuchs refinished in the early style, several sets of 7x15 and 7x16 wheels and tires, centerfill setup, ST/RSR front fenders, fiberglass sunroof panel, R-style front turn signal housings, lexan rear windows, etc...

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Read my surf novel!

911rs replica

i have some interest in your car if you could call me on my cell at 201,725 8830, my name is norman

Quote Originally Posted by lipsgt3
    i have some interest in your car if you could call me on my cell...
    Norman-

I called and left a message on your voicemail yesterday with my phone number. I'm in the book if anyone wants to call me about the car--just call information for La Jolla, CA (858 area code). My number has never been unlisted. Just remember that I am on "geezer schedule" these days--early to bed and early to rise, so please don't call after 9:00PM.

Thx,
    TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Read my surf novel!

Congrats on sale Tom. Hopefully new owner will come back when he/she has painted/put their mark on car.
    You'll have to edit your sig, now that its sold.
    Karl
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown