Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 67S Rocker Trim Wanted, any condition

67S Rocker Trim Wanted, any condition

I know there are close to zero chance to get hold on a set of these...
    The last solution is to make replicas (I have got very good information from one of the users in this forum). But it would be so cool to have originals, even in bad condition.

I have 3 sets of original 67S only rear bumper trim so I never give up hope to come over the rocker trim as well...

Thanks (it is now snow storm here in Norway and still 3-4 month before I can wake my 911 again...)

DynoDave

67S Rocker Moldings

I am currently in the process of having a pair of "replica" 67S rocker deco moldings made. After watching a pair of NOS moldings sell for over $1100.00 on eBay recently and needing a pair of these for my 67S, I figured that it is about time to make some of these parts.

91167coupe's post just reinforces the fact that many of us have the same needs and encounter similar obstacles in the restoration of our cars. The replica moldings will be as exact and faithful to the original part as possible from billet aluminum. They will be anodized and ready for installation on your car. At this time, we have not done anything to source or replicate the rubber insert.

The time frame for the first pair(s) being complete is approximately 2 months from now. If any members have questions or would like to express their interest and/or need for a pair of these moldings (so that I can gauge overall interest and an initial quantity for a production run), please post a reply here or feel free to email me @ ddima001@aol.com. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Dave DiMaria
    Member # 351

Hi,

I will send a PM/email, but I also need a pair for my 67 S.

Thanks

Alan

So many questions, so few answers....

I'm assuming shrinkage is the issue with 90% of these

It shouldn't be that difficult fo cast a spacer section with the same profile as the original. Then we could cut the old piece, attach the new spacer section and be back in business.

Does this sound reasonable? Why remake the entire length of rubber?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1967 911S Coupe
    1991 944S2 Coupe

Past projects:
    1967 912 Coupe
    1969 911T Coupe
    1985.5 944 SR Coupe

This sounds great! Ideas on how much it will cost to produce a pair? I guess you would be able to sell 10-15 pairs of the trim right away? In Porsche club Norway I know of three 67S cars and no one of them have correct rockertrim.

I am interested in a pair or two if they end up with a reasonable price and will also check with others here in Norway who also is interested.

Thanks for answering and your effort to create the unobtainable!

Best Regards, Kjell T and my car (click link)

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k4...rirvsfront.jpg

Kjell, realy nice car. Love the driver seat as well .... recaro?

Dave, perhaps if you made a separate thread on "Rocker Moldings - making run for members", or something like that, more people would be ale to take advantage of your kind offer?

Karl.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Thanks! It looks good on pictures, but it has some minor dents and old paint which have to be renewed in a couple of years.

Yes, it is a plastic Recaro seat which I traded with a 4,5x15 Fuchs with a guy in Germany. Hopefully I get on simoular or a scheel to use on pass side. Or a -67 sportseat...

New paint and new S-trim would be great (and a bit closer to the asfalt!)

Yeah, I hope as many as possible is interested in buying the rocker trim!

67S trim

Hi guys,
    I have a nice pair of aluminum trim peices for my car but I need the rubber inserts. Does anyone have a line of those? New, used or repros? If anyone has any ideas please email me at jjmohler@msn.com
    Thanks
    John

I have been searching for quite some time too for these trims. Interested in any quotes for making replica sets.

John

Since you have the bare trim pieces could you post up the measurements/dimensions of the originals?

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

67S rocker Trim Dimensions

Hi Mike,
    Take a look at this thread for those dimensions.
    Early 911S Registry Bulletin Board > Classified Ads > For Sale/Wanted: 911 Parts
    67 911S rocker trim dimensions Wanted
    Hope this helps.

John